Apr 19, 2010

I wish these were money flowers!

Money pushes me to the limit. In our house we have a very flexible budget we fit into our lives but lately our money seems to be blowing out the windows with both of us shrugging our shoulders as to where its going. Our bills seem to growing larger and more frequent and every month there is at least one freak out session that we are going broke. Its fair to say I am the money manager/ frugal one in the house. “Manage” meaning I look at the bank accounts everyday and kindly say “stop spending” or “I just paid x,y, and z today so money is tight until next week”. Because I’m in this position of always checking the accounts I’m always worried. Sometimes I know I’m too overbearing about his nickels and dimes and can actually break out into lip rashes because of stress from time to time. I hate that it rules our lives but mostly hate having a desk job with a fixed income. Regardless of my performance I still get paid the same number on the last working day of the month. So many days I sit at work thinking of all the extra jobs, if I had time, I could be doing to earn extra money. Its hard knowing its out of my control (I could write a book about that word….control is our of my biggest issues, there, I said it!)! I’m working on figuring out couponing and trying to cut excessive things without making us feel miserable everyday. What’s “luxury” and “wants”, where do I start clipping.

On a less stressful topic, the weather and weekend was wonderful! Brought to tears of joy Friday night and shared quality hang out time Saturday. Successfully pulled off a 13 year old birthday party scavenger hunt and ate about 100 M&M’s. Sunday a permanent item on my TO DO list finally got crossed off, I worked on the yard! The bed in the front of the house was filled with weeds, growth and junk. I was able to go in and pull all the weeds in and around it and removed all the old pine straw. I also planted flowers and laid fresh pine straw. I should have taken a before picture to show the big different but the after makes me happy. I hope to link another update a month down the road when the flowers have grown and look better than day one. Davy informed me I need to pat down and fix the pine straw, but I was hot and tired so this is it!
(don't mind the little grass around the blocks, they are slowing being killed with grass killer!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails