1. sit in my car…yes I have my own office however this little meal needed to be consumed as soon as possible Rip a chunk of baguette off, pull it apart with my hands, and use a plastic knife to cut a chunk of brie of the wheel. Smash the cheese between the bread and shove into mouth. Yes this is an extremely barbaric way to eat your lunch however time is of the essence and I needed it…now. Craving taken care of, crisis averted.
2. Introduce brie to the boys when I get home for work. Slice little sections of brie and place on little sections of bread as an appetizer to dinner. Have you ever seen a 2 year old eat brie? It was adorable. There was no proper bread and brie bite; it was pull the cheese off, pile into mouth, and work on the bread later.
3. The next day for lunch along with warming up leftovers in the oven I repeated the same steps in #2 and placed them in the over. Oh Rhonda. Crispy bread and melty brie? Heaven.
4. Still lots more brie so I needed to get creative. I wanted to make an autumn salad to go along with dinner last night so I cut up pears, walnuts, and lettuce but I still needed something else. Hey, why not little cubes of brie? All that combined with honey mustard/ balsamic vinegar dressing (desperate times, people) was in-credible. Fall was dancing around in my mouth so much so I made an autumn side salad for lunch today.
And that folks is how you consume a wheel of brie, 400 calories, 30g of fat, and avoiding using the bathroom for a week!
1 comment:
Yum. Now I want warm, brie bread! I had a similar experience with feta today. I hadn't had it in 9 months since I was pregnant and my Mom got us Greek food and I was loving that feta! Joel loved it too. Cheese is just the best. Any kind.
Post a Comment