Jun 3, 2013

At 2 weeks {a week late}

The birth story is written just waiting on some first pictures taken at the hospital to post everything at once. Until then I wanted to get share some things going on in the past two weeks. For the unforeseen future most things will be written in blip format because that's how my brain is functioning lately :)

He was down to 9lbs the night before leaving the hospital, 9.3lbs at his 3 day doctors apt and then at 10 days old back up to 9.11lbs. So it's safe to say he's probably 10 lbs today but surprisingly he doesn't seem big at all. He appears long and lean and I'm having a hard time dressing him in anything but newborn size clothes right now.

At exactly two weeks his umbilical cord fell off and he got his first bath. Much to our surprise he loved the water and didn't mind all of our hands in his tub. His skin has still been incredibly dry so we figured once he got a good scrub it would slightly exfoliate and pull of all the dead skin but nope, still flaky as ever!


He WAS staying pretty consistent with his nightly sleeping going from 2-6am then 6:30 until 8ish but as soon as we thought we had this covered he had other plans and has changed things up on us. Thankfully the only thing I have to do everyday is snuggle and love on this little guy so I'm not too worried about trying to figure out a schedule at this point.

At one week old I got a call from Davy that ended up landing him in the ER with a cracked rib. He dropped the weight bar on his chest during a workout (yes, he had a spot) and was breathless and in extreme pain. Living literally two blocks from the hospital it killed me that I couldn't be with him but the ER is no place for a newborn. Thankfully it was only a crack and he is doing better everyday but unfortunately it put him out of work and unable to pick up much of anything for days. Oy!


As parents of newborns, especially boys, it's no surprise to hear we've been peed on before however it was a bit of a shock when I got pooped on. And when I say pooped on I mean sprayed like a skunk with newborn poo! I was changing him on the ottoman when I lifted his legs and the next thing I know my legs, dress, couch, and anything else in sight was covered with yellow mustard muck. I took a picture because I didn't think Davy would believe me however they will never end up online. How's that for birth control?

And don't think we've forgot about Moses! He finished up baseball season and is loving life as a big brother! SUCH A GREAT BIG HELPER!
 
 




*He'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow and I'm a week late posting this....story of my life!

** These posts are mostly for my memory sake; some of the information most could care less about but since I use this blog as a life journal I wanted to write about them. I promise not every post will be a baby update :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails