Biggest thing going on, 5 more day’s until Moses’ due date! Five days, less than a week, ah! We went to the doctors yesterday and I have had the same progression for three weeks in a row now. 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and he’s sitting around -1 pelvis station. So he’s placed himself in a nice little spot, and 70% is a good number, but for three weeks in a row now…. Come on Moses’, give us a little progression forward! I want him to come when he’s ready, and I’m not going to have them induce labor (unless medically necessary), but it just seems so discouraging that he hasn’t budged in weeks! Most people say 1st babies come later than earlier, plus I’m content with him not coming on Christmas (TOMORROW), so I guess he can just hang in there until he’s ready. When mom was pregnant with Danyell she went to the doctors and they told her o you have a while don’t worry and then that weekend sitting on the toilet her water broke and Danyell was born three weeks early- so you really never know when they’re coming!
Tomorrow or two weeks away, he’s coming regardless and I’m so excited, and extremely nervous at the same time. Because I love to have a plan and control over most situations it makes me extremely anxious knowing I will have no idea what his birthday will consist of and have no way to put it on pause or go back and do it different. I feel a little better now that most of the stuff being packed in the hospital bags is sitting on the floor in piles ready to be put in the bag, and we have a birth plan and phone list typed up ready to go. His nursery is all set up (I love it and need to learn how to post pictures on here!) and the car seat is in my car (although Davy and I are convinced we did it wrongL).
I don’t know if the emotional side has really overwhelmed me yet because it hasn’t really registered, I’m going to be a mother to someone for the rest of their life. Davy and I will be parents and take care of someone else’s life every single day. It’s a responsibility that’s completely foreign to me and I think will stay that way until the day he’s born. Someone will call my mommy and I will be someone’s hero at one point in their life. It’s a roll that you can read up and practice only so much until its reality and I’m holding him in my arms. My friend Sarah Gray keeps telling me that moment when they put them on your stomach after their born is something she will never forget and advises me to feel take in that moment and treasure it.
I could go on forever but will wait until after Christmas to update again. I promise to keep more frequent with my thoughts and details.
Who knows….the next time I sign on Moses could be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment