Sep 2, 2009

twentyeight.

Weaning.

The time has come where I slowly put away the pump and the Bobby and officially wean Moses. This week is my first week I’m making an effort to slowly decrease my milk supply. My first step- pumping twice instead of three times a day. I know it’s a little step, but I wanted to start somewhere. I’ve read different articles saying to start by cutting their least favorite feedings, but since Moses is at day care all day, that seemed a little tricky. I know his favorite (well, my favorite) nursing times are when I come home from work, and before bed. At times this task seems easy and in the long run save me a lot of trouble. But at the same time, I’m really going to miss it! At first we had trouble with nursing and I had to have tons of pillows and it was a big ordeal and he would really hurt me. But over time we’ve worked out a pretty good system and I enjoy the bonding time we have together. I love the way his little hand pats my chest or reaches up and put his hand over my mouth politely asking me to stop talking while he enjoys his milk. It instantly sooths when he has a big fall and quicker than any bottle around. Originally I didn’t plan to wean this early, but Davy and I have decided to take a week long cruise for our honeymoon at the end of November. I wanted to make sure he was weaned and my body was back to “normal” before the wedding and honeymoon, so I’m starting this month. I’m not sure who will miss it more, him or I. Thankfully with daycare and me working he is used to formula and if he had to drink it all day it wouldn’t irritate him stomach. I’ll keep the blog updated as the decrease continues. I’m hoping its going to be as easy as I imagine it being!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails