I’ve returned from The Land of Sin! No, not my internal sinful nature, but Viva Las Vegas! Our plane left Wednesday afternoon and I was laughing with family by 10pm. The excuse for our trip was my cousins wedding but the weekend extended much further than the I do’s. We laughed, sight seed, danced, drank, shopped, cried (happy and sad tears) and caught up. I have not seen most of this family in at least three years, and even then the time was short. Family is so important to me and being able to sit and chat made me realize I cannot let three years go by again without seeing them. This time was a girls trip, next time I’ll bring the family and hopefully be able to see new additions to the family (yes, already baby talk the day after the wedding!). I can’t wait to post an update with professional wedding pictures, but for now here are a few snapped throughout the trip.
In front on the Bellagio before the water show started
My FAVORITE ceiling in the entire world. Chihuly glass.
The resemblance is scary, esp when they start to talk
Reheasal dinner, stuffing our faces with AUTHENTIC mexican food!
It NEVER rains in Vegas, except when we try to take a picture
Last night I made this little concoction in place of real tropical rice that was so off the wall according to Davy I had to write about it. I was really in the mood for a tropical/mango rice to go along with our seafood but couldn’t find any simple “heat and serve” versions of it. Instead of buying seasoning and real fruit to chop up for a 1 person serving, I just used one of Moses’ tropical fruit cups and 90 second long grain wild rice. That’s right, heating up the rice, place in bowl, opened a fruit cup, plopped it in the rice (juice included), and viola! The quickest tropical rice ever! And I’m not gonna lie, it was great! Another way to eat my baby’s food :)
No comments:
Post a Comment