I have been eyeing these fruit filled popsicles since last week and can imagine many hot summer days in the kiddie pool with these in hand.
I quadrupled the recipe to make 16 popsicles and used organic apple juice (because that’s all I had on hand). They are super simple to make and taste wonderful!
Basically you pick out a few of your favorite fruits.
Dice them up and add them together in a big bowl.
Fill each of the 5 oz cups with the fruit mixture and add 1 tbsp of juice.
Insert popsicle sticks and freeze.
Moses is picky about his fruit but since everything was chopped up and frozen he didn’t seem to mind the tartness of the kiwi. When I first made them I thought they seemed kind of small but since they literally are frozen fruit chunks it actually takes a nice long while to lick (or bite if you’re a toddler) your way through.
I stuck with Gina’s recipe to avoid a flavor mix up but next on my list I’m going to make more of a tropical popsicle by adding chunks of pineapple, mango, banana, and kiwi with a slash of orange juice. At under 40 calories a pops these are the perfect hot summer day treat regardless of your age!
2 comments:
Ooooooh yummy!
Do you cover the cups with anything while in the freezer?
This looks like a good post-dinner sweet snack :)
That looks excellent! Great idea and thanks for sharing the site. :)
Post a Comment