The Twilight Breaking Dawn buzz is in full effect and instead of writing 500 140 character tweets about it I thought I’d break it down for everyone who was not privileged to see it at midnight last night. I guess the real privileged were those who got to see the special 8pm showing that I was completely unaware of…but that’s a different story!
Cinematography/ Character appearance -9. I am proud to say they FINALLY got it together with the physical appearance of the characters and boy did it make a difference! No more awful wigs, bad coloring, and ridiculous mega glow. The cinematography was clear and crisp making everything look good!
Wedding- I won’t give away much but just want to say I was EXTREMELY happy with the song they chose!
Honeymoon- 8. For the first time in the entire series Bella and Edward finally act like they are in love. The laughing, the loving, the embracing; all good! For those who were worried about the bedroom scenes…calm down, it’s PG-13. If your child has ever seen a PG-13 movie then there is nothing to worry about because it’s a lot of hype followed by very little action. If you were disappointed by the very little action then you should be watching True Blood not Tweeny Twilight!
Baby/Birth- 8. When they say in the book that this “thing” is sucking the life out of her, they’re not kidding! They did a great job at making Bella look AWFUL and most of us had hands over mouths in shock at how she really looked like she was dying. It was pretty graphic when Bella’s life is literally slipping away however if you were worried the birth itself would be too instance, it’s not. There’s blood, there is a baby, there is a lot of cutting in and out, and there is a really sickly Bella lying on a table.
Overall- A quality 7. I say 7 because there was some extremely cheesy scenes that sucked the goodness out of the movie; it lost “cool points” so to speak. Once you see the movie you will know the exact scene I’m talking about and can I be the first one to say they all sound like Transformers during that scene! If you read the books and love the story line then you’re going to like to movie. If you’re being dragged along to see it out of the blue you’re going to hate it. If you are worried about taking your teenager daughter, don’t be. The morbid scene is more graphic then the love scene. The movies were made based off of the crazy fan base the books carry therefore don’t expect award winning moments. I personally liked it better than 2 and 3 because it’s been so long since I’ve read the book I didn’t remember in detail the plot line. They did a good job of making small references back to the other movies which for a fan is everything.
Will I see it again? Of course. After all I did leave a Twilight reading husband at home last night so eventually we will watch it together.
Will I see the next and final movie at midnight? You bet. It’s tradition. It’s the one night a year my girlfriends and I count down for and tweet non stop like teenagers about it and get giggly in the theater over inside jokes from high school.
If your reaching over to grab the nearest trash can then you should have stopped reading at the title! I'm a wife, mom, adult but I can still have my tween moment!
Nov 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah! I cannot wait to see it this weekend!! I'm also really glad Kristin isn't wearing a wig this time. It looks so terrible. And that is so awesome you have friends to go with. I drag my husband along but I think he secretly likes them a little bit.
I got to see it Sunday with my sister and agree with what you said! I need to know which scene you thought was so cheesy though! There were 2 I thought were pretty terrible. I also laughed at your "watch True Blood" comment. So true! HOWEVER, my sis-in-law and I swear we saw a little of Kristen Stewart's nipple. My sister thought it was a shadow, but I'm not so sure. I want to see it again!
Post a Comment