Nov 1, 2011

Mr. Potato Head does Halloween.

I {almost} let the day slip by without posting about last night! I was determined to get these up as soon as possible otherwise knowing me they would be lost on the camera and posted next year.


The costume: I knew I didn’t want to pay $30 for a one time thing (I am a trained Heb after all) but at the same time I didn’t have anything in our closet I could throw together. I was browsing through Pinterest with Moses and he liked the Mr. Potato Head outfit so I figured that’s what I would make. Fast forward to last Thursday when I find out his class party is Friday (the next day) and they were supposed to wear costumes. Crap. For whatever reason I turn into Super Mom and think I can whip something up on the sewing machine in half an hour. Side note: I’ve never made a costume; I’ve never really sewn anything besides a Barbie pillows, blankets, and sleeping bags which were well over 15 years ago. At 7:30pm I left the house for Hobby Lobby, by 8:30pm I was in the craft room sketching on the back of the fabric, and by 11:30pm I was headed home with Mr. Potato Head. Call it cookie dough fuel and a little sister to help retread the machine when I messed up a miracle but I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome!
The best part was the feeling I got when he put it on; I made that, yep, his Mommy made that! The second best part was the entire thing cost me $5 and a fun night with my sister!
The night: we pregamed on Pizza and Chicken&Rice while everyone arrived, scrambled the kids together to take a few pictures, and the Walking Wagon Brigade was off. The kids ran fast to the doorbells and just as fast back to the road; about 4 houses down they were tired. About 6 houses down they were asking to be pushed from house to house. About 12 houses down someone turned into Mr. Grumpy pants and did a lot of riding on Dad’s shoulders. One thing Moses had down was his manners. He would say please &  thank you to every candy giver however he didn’t quiet master the Trick or Treat. That was fine with me because I have very mixed feels about the holiday in general but that’s an entirely different post.
Sour face in action
Happy to finally eat his candy! Please note the hot mess face action.
Overall: Awesome night. We laughed, took pictures, had fun, ate candy, ate more candy, and woke up with a stomach ache from eating candy. 

{please ignore the awful camera situation; I don't know if it was the lighting, the bright white shirt, or the photographers but they all turned out wonky!}

3 comments:

Laura Jean's Pies said...

I love it! good job super mom!

Melissa said...

So so cute! You did an amazing job on the costume!

Gosh, reminds me of my mom staying up late sewing last-minute stuff for us :)

ee said...

Mo's sad face in the wagon is TOO Funny! oh gosh I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails