#3 Lose 20 pounds.
Check. …..
...WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Check Check Check Mark! This was the hardest most farfetched thing on my list because I was sitting at a weight I was extremely uncomfortable at yet I let it ride out for months and months without doing a thing about it. How was I going to lose 5? 8? 12 pounds? 20…gone!
#6 Write a friend a letter at least once a month (12)
Finally sent out a few letters! I knew who the first person on my letter list would be and she continued to sit at #1 for the past few months while I avoided pulling out stationary. Then one day, out of the blue, I get a letter from her in the mail! A sweet letter of encouragement and it made my day! Then I thought to myself, if this made my day why the heck am I not sending out a letter to someone every week! It feels great to get something personal in the mail and I have to remember these letters aren’t for me but to encourage the person who receives them.
#12 Entertain friends/ family at least once a month at our house (12)
It was last minute but we had my mother in law over one night for dinner before she watched Moses so we could date. This happens almost every time we do something alone with Davy’s mom; we think “Gee that was nice, let’s remember to hang out with her alone more often” and then we never do! She lives alone and keeps busy by shopping and working on her house and loving on her grandkids but it’s nice have her over. Next up we must invite my parents over because sadly we never have had them for dinner. Weird, right?
And welp, that’s it! I have a few things planned out which will help tackle the list that I’m pretty excited about considering only 3 things got done last month it’s time to get out of my bubble and live a little more!
2 comments:
So so so proud of you for the 20 pound loss! You ROCK and are an inspiration to me! :)
So so proud of you my friend! This will be your week. June 2012 - the month you conquered!!! :)
Also, I've been thinking we should send snail mail more often! :)
Also, if we were driving to DW I'd so invite myself to be your September company. ;)
Post a Comment