You know how it’s true that you never understand your
parents love until you become a parent yourself…I’m pretty sure that’s
reinstated 12 different ways as you grow as a parent. The selflessness, the
sacrifice, the commitment it takes every single day. I’m blown away by my
mother’s love and not only teaching us biblical truth but being a living
example. Proudly, a Jesus Freak.
Sep 24, 2012
Jesus Freak.
Riding around in the car while growing up I remember blaring
DC Talk and Point of Grace and singing at the top of our lungs. Putting Jesus
Freak on repeat over and over while dancing around cleaning the house. I
remember going to what felt like every church event ever held on top of
Wednesday night bible study and Sunday church. When we got hurt my mom prayed
we would feel better; when my mom couldn’t find her keys she prayed God would
help her remember where she put them. For Halloween I wasn’t dressed as a ghost
worrying about needles in candy but I was at church dressed in some
ridiculously clever biblical costume my mom designed. My mom was sold out for
the Lord and did everything she could to teach her daughters the same. At what
price did she leave the judgment of the world at the door and stand tall for
what was right for her family? I’m sure there was much cooler music she could
have been listening to and I’m sure there were times she wanted a big fat glass
of wine after a hard day but she put her what was most important to her first
and that was her relationship with Christ and instilling Christ in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I absolutely love this. I so remember driving around in the car listening to my mom's "God music." But I love that memory about her. Thank you!
Post a Comment