Here’s the breakdown of what you’ll need:
- Water
- Coconut oil (please tell me this is already in your pantry because it’s the crunchy girls version of Greeks and their Windex)
- Gentle liquid body/face soap; I used baby shampoo but I’m sure any toddler or gentle brand wash would work great.
- A good roll of paper towels; don’t skimp! I went all high roller and got the $2 roll of Viva at Target because you need sturdy for this project.
- Small container with a lid.
Melt 1 tsp coconut oil.
Add ½ tsp of soap and 3/4 cp water to the oil mixture and set aside.
Cut paper towel roll in half…yes as in get out a knife and slice right down the middle. Put one half in storage for 6 months down the road when you’ll need to make more.
Pull off 30 sheets of paper towels and fold into squares (half then half again) and stack in your container. Its okay if they practically don’t fit because they still shrink down when wet.
Pour liquid mixture over paper towels, close lid, and flip around until it’s soaked through.
Price comparison
Store Brand:
I used to buy Target’s Up & Up brand which came in a pack of 30 for lets say $3 (I’m being super generous).
$3 x 12 months = $36/ year to wipe makeup off my face every night
My DIY version:
I had everything except the paper towels which costs $2 at Target.
1 roll of paper towels = 400 wipes (200 per roll and we cut the roll in half)
400 wipes lasts 13 months
$2 divided by 13 months = 16 CENTS a month
So $3 a month or 16 cents a month?
Not to mention you know exactly what’s going into your face wipes and your face still feels great! I take off mascara as well as wipe all over my face each night for an overall crunchy clean!

1 comment:
That's awesome! I'm gonna try this!
Post a Comment