May 3, 2013

{bump} this.

Update written on April 15th. The last two pictures were taken after this update but you get the idea; I'm ready, oh so ready!
 
Has it really been a month since I posted an update? I try not to talk too much about the bump but gosh it feels like so much has changed since then. And to think I thought that felt like the final stretch at 33 weeks? Ha! With 2 weeks until my due date its crunch time! I swear that’s all the midwife needs to say is 2nd babies come sooner than your first and you’ve got me thinking I’m having a baby tomorrow. According to my last two checkups my body doesn’t seem anywhere near ready for labor but as my Mom kindly reminds me she was checked with zero progression the day she has my sister so… God’s timing is perfect, right?
35 weeks
 
Physically: I’m tired. 9pm feels like 10pm and the simple task like straightening up the house is daunting because bending down to pick up 15 small objects creates heartburn for hours! I haven’t been to the gym in a week and I don’t see myself bumping around on the elliptical much more; possibly a few times in the lap pool but yall, I’m tired! Just this past week I started to have terrible carpel tunnel in both my hands specifically my fingers which makes me feel very old but also very useless. I also just got a linear line in the lightest brown tint which I was not expecting because I didn’t have it last time. It’s so crazy how our bodies change over these 40 weeks and then can actually somewhat go back to normal; God’s creations can blow your mind!

Remember how I talked about living in dresses? I wasn’t kidding. I bounce between 3 or 4 and wear them every chance I get even if the stripes make my belly look like a dining room table for 10.
37 weeks
My emotions in a nutshell: Ahhh yay whoaaaa weee ahhh yay. Mixed, so mixed. Am I ready to go into labor tomorrow? Not really. Am I ready to meet this little guy and feel reach for the starts over the fence world series kind of love? YES! Mostly I’m not ready because I’m feeling anxious about labor and what time or day it will be and where Moses will be and all those details you can’t control that I want to control.

Retrospect: I’m so very thankful how easy this pregnancy has been. I know so many people that struggle just to get pregnant then struggle with severe versions of the things I’ve slightly encountered then have complications and yeah…I’m blessed. So very blessed. 
39 weeks and Funny story about this picture: it's horrible. I had bedhead and felt nasty but wanted to document in case it was my last belly shot, ya know? As my loving Husband said "you know how some women get really fat noses when they're pregnant? You don't have one at all but this picture makes it look like you do"...THANKS HUNNY!
 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think your nose looks cute in the last pic! I loved it. :) I think you'll rock labor and hope it goes SO much faster for you! Can't WAIT to see your little guy's sweet face! :)

KAITLIN said...

You're almost there and you look fabulous. Also, those linea negra's are weird. I had a very faint one show up at the end of this pregnancy and it got darker once I delivered. It's still there now. I had one my first pregnancy too, but I can't remember how long it took before it disappeared.

Related Posts with Thumbnails