I’ve been reading a bunch of people’s blogs lately and decided I would love to stay on top of my journaling just to see the progression of Moses and life instead of trying to recall all those little precious moments.
The biggest milestone this month was on the same day: Moses rolled from his stomach to back AND slept in his crib for the first time. He rolled over at Grandma’s house when I was at work ( of course I miss the first first milestone!) and then later when I got home Davy showed me if he lays down and cries long enough he will push himself over! He only did it a few times when we was angry and then a week or so later he was just cooing in the monitor so I went into his room and he had quietly flipped himself over! Jumping back to that big milestone day, I decided to put him in his crib that night because of the event that look place the night before in his bassinette. In the middle of the night he started crying (normally would only wiggle in the night) so I learned my arm over to hold his hand and all the sudden I felt his head in a weird position. He was still crying hard so I looked over and saw his body turned completely horizontal in the bassinette and his face smashed up against the side of the wall cocked in a way I knew he was in pain. I tried to push his body but he had wiggled himself so far horizontally that he was literally stuck! So I jumped up and pulled him out of the bed and just cuddled him. I felt so bad for him because I knew he was getting too big for the bassinette but just had been lazy about putting him in the bed because I didn’t want to have to get up 10 times in the middle of the night to make sure he was okay. So that night was his first night in the crib away from us. I rolled blankets up next to him and cuddled him up tight. Its been so many weeks I can’t really remember, but I know I only had to go in his room a few times to pat him. He’s now been in the bed for weeks and we go in there 2 or 3 times a night to put his covers back on him and “shhsh” him.
He is getting so big and has progressed so much its crazy to think he was only born 3 months ago. This weekend he rolled over stomach to back for the first time while Davy was trying to change his diaper on the bed. He’s also started to sit up in the “Bumbo” seat for 5/10 min. at a time and LOVES watching the TV. Nothing in particular on TV, but just the constant movements on the screen fascinates him. He also still loves to look in the mirror.
In the dressing room at Target last week he was making himself smile and coo by looking at the reflection of himself smiling in the mirror! I got a picture of it- I’ll try to upload it in the blog.
When he was younger he used to just sit and stare at the big mirror above our couch that has a dark frame around it. we thought he liked the contrast of a white wall and dark frame so when he would fuss we would hold him where he could see the mirror and say “look at your frame” and he was just calm down and star!
I know this blog is jumping all over the place, it’s just I haven’t wrote all these little memories down in so long when they come to mind I want to type them out as quick as I can!
The biggest milestone this month was on the same day: Moses rolled from his stomach to back AND slept in his crib for the first time. He rolled over at Grandma’s house when I was at work ( of course I miss the first first milestone!) and then later when I got home Davy showed me if he lays down and cries long enough he will push himself over! He only did it a few times when we was angry and then a week or so later he was just cooing in the monitor so I went into his room and he had quietly flipped himself over! Jumping back to that big milestone day, I decided to put him in his crib that night because of the event that look place the night before in his bassinette. In the middle of the night he started crying (normally would only wiggle in the night) so I learned my arm over to hold his hand and all the sudden I felt his head in a weird position. He was still crying hard so I looked over and saw his body turned completely horizontal in the bassinette and his face smashed up against the side of the wall cocked in a way I knew he was in pain. I tried to push his body but he had wiggled himself so far horizontally that he was literally stuck! So I jumped up and pulled him out of the bed and just cuddled him. I felt so bad for him because I knew he was getting too big for the bassinette but just had been lazy about putting him in the bed because I didn’t want to have to get up 10 times in the middle of the night to make sure he was okay. So that night was his first night in the crib away from us. I rolled blankets up next to him and cuddled him up tight. Its been so many weeks I can’t really remember, but I know I only had to go in his room a few times to pat him. He’s now been in the bed for weeks and we go in there 2 or 3 times a night to put his covers back on him and “shhsh” him.
He is getting so big and has progressed so much its crazy to think he was only born 3 months ago. This weekend he rolled over stomach to back for the first time while Davy was trying to change his diaper on the bed. He’s also started to sit up in the “Bumbo” seat for 5/10 min. at a time and LOVES watching the TV. Nothing in particular on TV, but just the constant movements on the screen fascinates him. He also still loves to look in the mirror.
In the dressing room at Target last week he was making himself smile and coo by looking at the reflection of himself smiling in the mirror! I got a picture of it- I’ll try to upload it in the blog.When he was younger he used to just sit and stare at the big mirror above our couch that has a dark frame around it. we thought he liked the contrast of a white wall and dark frame so when he would fuss we would hold him where he could see the mirror and say “look at your frame” and he was just calm down and star!
I know this blog is jumping all over the place, it’s just I haven’t wrote all these little memories down in so long when they come to mind I want to type them out as quick as I can!
1 comment:
I love your blog... I'm going to be creeping on here forever now :)
Melissa
Post a Comment