Mar 31, 2009

twelve.

I wish more of my friends where pregnant/ having babies right now. It’s hard I only have a couple married friends which none are even thinking of kids right now. I read my friend’s blog and see how she has all these friends with babies and they have play dates and do things together and I’m jealous of those relationships that are so easy for me to relate to. I know my girlfriends love Moses, but they aren’t moms yet, and can’t relate to so many things I want to discuss or get advice on. I want to talk about details that only new mom’s care about. I crave those relationships but at the same time, I work full time and I would never have the time to make play dates or have those conversations.
It’s tough being torn between the life of a stay home mom or the life of college and full time career mom. Of course right now I don’t have any option but to work full time and so its not that hard to pick, but just talking in the future and having to decide what I want to do. I love the thought of having a fulfilling career and researching and exploring things I enjoy, but at the same time, I want to be able to pick up Moses from school and be at his games and cook dinner for Davy and be a good housewife. What job starts at 8 and gets over at 3, and is in the field of psychology? That’s the job I need! One positive thing I see for the future is when Moses graduates high school, I’ll be 38! To me, 38 is definitely a young enough age to go back to work or explore different areas of my career….. life isn’t over after 40 either, so I have hope for the future!
I don’t want to be that mom that thinks her baby is so advanced and better than all the other babies. When I talk about Moses’ progression it’s simply because it fascinates me and I love to s
ee him growing up. The only time I ever see babies close to him age are for 10 minuets at church on Sunday’s so in reality I don’t even know how he compares to other babies, but as far as soon! I can tell (according for our baby book) he’s not lacking in anything!
He’s such a droller! Oh my gosh, he soaks through clothes and bib’s like it’s a competition! He loves to chew on his hands, or our fingers, or anything he can stuff in his mouth. We got him a RaZberry teether (looks like I giant raspberry shaped pacifier) and he likes to chew on that. He puts everything on the side of his mouth so he can press his gums hard against it. I’m happy it gives him relief but I hope he doesn’t start chomping on me anytime soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails