Sitting outside on our back deck watching Davy assemble the fire pit and Moses play with toys I realized this is what it should be. Not cramped inside a shared wall apartment with artificial light, not crawling in the same 10x10 cube day after day, but free. Enjoying the fall evening with my family in our new house. Free to move around and play outside, even if we haven’t touched the grass to our feet yet, we’re free. It’s still filled with boxes and nic nacs everywhere, but I’m learning to love the extra space. “Playrooms” are the best invention ever. A place where Moses can touch everything and leave toys out and spill milk from his bottle without any repercussions. My only regret so far is having two TV’s in the house. TV already sucks us in and having the ability to watch what I want to watch all the time is dangerous. More about the new house another time.
I’m taking a stand against Myself. A few weeks ago Myself got a lot of free baby food. I decided it would be a good idea as backup if we were on the go and did not have any homemade with me. Myself started feeding it to Moses only to find out it was complete mush. Well mush wouldn’t even describe it, more like a milkshake. Who wants to eat a green bean milk shake? YUCK. I started feeling guilty giving the baby food to Moses. Yes he would eat it, well suck it off the spoon, and he wasn’t going to bed starving, but I felt like Myself had gotten lazy and given up. I then had an epiphany. Myself doesn’t have to do this, doesn’t have to be lazy and give up something we were really enjoying. So I took a stand. We put all the baby food jars away and sought Publix for more fresh fruits and vegetables. Last night Myself got back in the game of baby food making and whipped up some impressive ice cubes of food! I was so happy knowing this is what I wanted, and so this is what I’ll do. Unfortunately I butchered the baked apples but know there will be many more trial and errors to come in the kitchen.
Fall came to visit Florida for a couple days, then packed up and left. I was really enjoying pea coat and heater weather while it lasted. Moses also got a change to sport a couple sweaters before we were back to onsies. I’m hoping Fall will come and spend a few months with us soon, I’m waiting for the leaves to change.
T minus one month until the Wedding, I’m not freaking out or anything…pause…not! Every day is a quick panic of what do I need to do next. All the stress is for a good reason in the end, I’m just hope the end comes before I go into cardiac arrest! Little things get me excited throughout the day like an RSVP email or a purchase on our honeymoon registry. With all this planning for the wedding I constantly forget how excited I am about our Cruise! I have never dreamed of doing a lot of the stuff we have planned for vacation and I’m anxious excited all in one. The only bad….terrible, awful, sad part of our trip is leaving Moses behind for 7 ½ days. We are really going to miss him and hope he still remembers us when we return!
Go outside and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just got caught up on all that I hadn't read! You've inspired me keep this detailed journal of happenings, so I'll get back in the swing soon :)
Post a Comment