While trying to stay sane at work I started playing around with my Google and came across the Reader feature. Some may think I’m an idiot for just now discovering this but I tend to stick to the same routine when checking my blog(s). Once on Reader I discovered I could check up on all the blogs I follow on one page. No more clicking around on bright colored pages; I could now just stare at one page and read them all. Very convenient for work but the best part of Reader, and the reason I’m blogging about it, is the Recommendation feature. Not sure exactly how it works, but Google has managed to get to know me and suggest blogs I should read. A few were lame such as polical and sports blogs, but others looked pretty promising. One blog I came across was called “So-So Stephanie” and so far Stephanie has kept me very occupied this morning! She is my favorite type of blogger. Someone who has a writing background, or just enjoys writing but isn’t big enough to be a professional blog. She still has real life moments and not everything has to be in fancy order with 100 comments.
While reading Stephanie’s blog, and other people I know, the general trends of blogging start to jump out at me. Most blogs revolve around new, stay at home moms. Mom’s who decide to document the little adventures of eight to five inside cushy four walls. Some choose to spruce it up with pictures and videos and some give constant updates of Baby’s newest move. I’m not “hating” on anyone who has this kind of blog, because lets face it my own blog falls in line with many of these characteristics. I just want more out of my blog, more out of my reading. I love when moms sound real and actually admit something went terrible wrong or moms who write on a different, more whimsical level.
I keep saying I wish I take more pictures, I wish I could get more crafty, I wish, I wish, I’ve wished myself sick! Right now I’ve chosen to make life very busy with Wedding and moving but once life calms down slightly I’m going to take things back into my own hands. As I unload all the boxes into the new house I’m going to purge any of the “crap” that we have around. No more nic nac junk or furniture we don’t need. All the memorabilia we can’t let go of is getting placed in a “memorabilia” storage tub and put far into storage. I want to invent, reinvent the house I portray. I want to love every piece in my house. I want to be proud. I want to entertain. I want to paint random canvases and hang them.
I’ve become so jealous and covet not other people’s possessions, but other people’s titles. I’m not a stay at home mom and I have to start being okay with that. Just because I don’t get play dates and craft time doesn’t mean I can’t make myself and my house into something I’m proud of. I have to stop handicapping myself into thinking I don’t have the time to get all the things I want done. JUST START DOING THEM. The motivation within is the hardest part of this reinvention but thankfully I have an almost blank canvas in our new house, with the exception of paint already on every wall.
In other news Moses fake laughs now. He knows we love when he loves what we are doing, and now he loves to watch us laugh at him fake laughing. There isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t awe over his cuteness.
Moving day is Saturday, wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with your move! Let us know if you need help.
Once you get settled, we should start a weekend craft get-together or something. I've also been dying to expand my horizons and try the "do it yourself" approach. It'd be fun!!!!
Post a Comment