Dec 29, 2009

I once sang the chorus of a Brandi song acapella as an audition piece for a middle school play; I did hair and makeup that year

Have you ever stared at a dead person? Not just a quick picture, but sitting on the ottoman about 3 feet away from their face just staring thinking the person I loved is no longer there. Well body is there, face is there; he could just be taking a lazy afternoon nap, but he’s not, he’s dead. I am being blunt, yes. Am I emotionless, no.

I’ll never forget that day, those feelings, the look, the clothes, the blanket, holding Davy’s hand as he lead a prayer, the white sheet placed ever so softly over his body before they took him away, and the 100’s of other details I’m not brave enough to type into words. Christmas day a pack of Oreo’s sat on my mother in laws counter and as I slid back the wrapper tears filled my eyes because that was his thing; they should have been on top of the fridge because that was the secret-not-so-secret hiding place.

I had lots and lots of words yesterday, but now they’ve all escaped me. Boo staying busy at work yesterday when the mental pencil was flowing.

To Do:
- Bake squash casserole
- Compile pictures to load onto my digital picture frame to bring into work
- Long(er) term: print pictures of Moses to update my desk and
- SUPER LONG TERM: finally, finally, finally, update Moses’ baby book

- Get my mind around Moses’ birthday party in less than 2 weeks


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails