Sep 7, 2010

[eek!]

We are taking the leap into cloth diapering! Ah! Just typing it out brings a flood of emotions. Thanks to the internet a few months ago I started seeing more and more articles about cloth diapering; after researching my eyes where open to a whole new world. I just assumed they were for earthy crunchy moms who occasionally poked their baby’s thighs with huge safety pins while wrestling them to the ground getting a white napkin around their butt. I posted briefly on some of the information I’d obtained but never would have thought we would have been using them this year. Recently a conversation about diapers sparked my research further and ultimately made our decision to cloth diaper Moses. I’m reluctant to even post this because I don’t want our intentions to be diluted with opinions. Not only are we saving a nice chunk of money but they are also great for the environment. I’m not an environmentalist by any means of the word but I love being able to drive down north Florida’s canopy roads or have siesta fiestas in grassy fields and if doing my part to not cause excess waste can intern preserve the land for Moses to enjoy then I’m going to do it. Davy was no where near convinced until I did extensive research on our particular situation and found between Moses and our second baby we would be saving close to $1700. Our initial purchase consist of a wet/dry bag for daycare and the house, extra overnight liners, natural laundry soap and a 12 pack of BumGenius 4.0s. All from CottonBabies.com

The cost of all of this is almost half the price it would cost us to disposable diaper Moses until he is potty trained. The money saving eventually won Davy over and I hope the additional washing is going to be worth it in the end. I have been doing further research almost daily about all the do’s and don’ts, the in’s and out’s and not just patiently waiting for them to arrive in the mail and put them on Moses. I’m excited but nervous and anxious and hopeful. I’m hesitant to even post this in fear of failure; we are partaking on a long journey and the first leap is the scariest! I promise not to blab to everyone who doesn’t care about poop and pee and cleaning and washing but I plan to update every so often to see where the venture has taken us.

If you want to know more about BumGenius or cloth diapers in general check out CottonBabies.com. They are the creators of BumGenius and other great brands but also have a wealth of information on their site.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails