Sep 14, 2010

rush and relief.

Yesterday I went home, kissed my boys, made a Mexican dinner and bought a car! Confused? Let me Tarantino it:
  • Almost two months ago our car started acting up and we found out it wasn’t safe anymore.
  • We got approved for a loan and started looking for a newer SUV that would be our family car/ my primary car.
  • A couple weeks ago we decided we wanted to save more (borrow less) and would just find a older/cheap car to “flip” within the year when we were ready to upgrade.
  • Saturday morning (7:30 am to be exact because being outside at any other time of day in Florida is just too.dang.hot!) on our neighborhood walk I spotted a car for sale two houses down.
  • Monday afternoon I called to inquire about the car. Good miles, good interior, and good price so we set up a time to walk over and check it out.
  • Thankfully my dad has his dealer’s license and does this “flipping” business a lot. He was generous enough to come over and look at everything that was important (you know all that mammer jammer under the hood). Moses and I went back to the house to finish dinner and within the hour hubby walked in the door to tell me it was ours. Not only ours but ours for an even better price advertised!
  • It is such a weight lifted off our shoulders; we now have a reliable car we can drive for months until we find the SUV we want.
Update on cloth diapering: it’s going great! They arrived Friday afternoon and I immediately prewashed and dried them so they would be ready Saturday morning. Mo has worn them for three and a half full days with no problems. The first few nights I didn’t “double stuff” the diaper with two liners because I wanted to see if one could do the trick overnight but he peed out in the morning. At least two nights a week he peed out in disposables and I assume it’s because of his cup of milk before bed. Anyways I added an extra liner last night and this morning yielding much better results. Thankfully each diaper came with a regular insert (that vertically lines the entire diaper) and a newborn insert (a smaller version when the diaper is snapped down to its smallest size) so double stuffing doesn’t mess up my wash cycle. We set up a line on the back deck for drying and I’m learning new tricks how to increase drying time every wash cycle. In the initial Cotton Babies purchase I got a hanging Planet Wise wet/dry bag for daycare (large enough for an entire day of clean and dirty diapers) and it was exactly what I was looking for so I purchased the smaller wet bag for running errands. Doing an extra load of laundry every other night is not an annoyance so far and the actual work that goes into the entire process is minimal.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails