Mar 8, 2011

Orange ya' glad I enjoy embarrassing myself

Sometimes when the label of a product gives very specific instructions you should listen; not only are they the inventors of their product but they’ve tested it out one or two times. Last night after getting out of the shower I was looking down at my legs and realized “DANG, I’m pasty”. Most people in their 20’s our digging a seat in the white powdery sand wearing their tiny bikini on spring break while I look out my office window and catch a glimpse of Spring watching the flowers bloom. I will not be poolside this week or even wearing a dress but I know in the coming weeks it will get hot enough to pull out my summer clothes and show off these ghostly beauties.

I remembered having a couple bottles of sunless tanner left over from last year and I thought “Why not!”. The instructions specifically explained the proper steps to get a “summer glow”; apply to clean dry legs, use sparingly around feet/ ankles/ knees, wash hands after use, let dry before getting into clothes. I can say I successfully followed two of the above instructions. I thought I could outsmart the full strength potion by diluting it with regular body lotion; combining the two together would give me about 70% sunless strength, right? So why not rub it all over my feet and knees and gosh it feels so nice why not leave my hands feeling moisturized before bed? I’ll tell you why not—because the people who write the instructions know EXACTLY what they are talking about. Thankfully I was already wearing semi long black slacks that cover my feet when I noticed this mishap however my hands were a different story. I sloshed around a large scoop of salt scrub turning the insides of my fingers raw that took the tint down a few levels. When I get home I’m going to do the same with my feet hoping to get equal results.

As far as my “summer glow” goes; I think I’ll stick with taking tons of Vitamin D supplements and start eating carrots by the bag!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh man! That sucks! At least you have the salt scrub to help you get it off... and a great story to tell! :)

I was going to tell you your blog you published this weekend was blank if you didn't know...
AND I gave you one of those blog awards on my blog today. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails