Jun 7, 2011

Get Happy.

Things that are making me happy this week:

1. CamelBak’s Podium Chill insulated water bottle. I kid you not, it IS the best water bottle ever invented. My mom uses them when she cycles and I’m always using them when I’m at her house. A couple weeks she got me an “I love you” gift and it was the blue version of the water bottle. I’m convinced I drink double my daily water intake by always having cold sip at hand. It has a “jet valve” feature that the boys find glorious when they hold it about 6 inches from the other’s face then shoot it into their mouth. They are around $14 each and worth every single penny.

2. Moses’ American Appeal t-shirt. It was a 2nd birthday present from a dear friend and it is just now fitting him perfectly. Actually to be honest after his party I couldn’t find it. I searched our house up and down and called both grandparents hoping they knew where it was. It went missing for months and I thought I would have to break the news to the gift giver until I surprisingly found it stuffed in a gift bag in our office. It’s a heather grey blue t- shirt and probably the softest thing he’s even worn. He looks adorable in it paired with some shorty shorts and his long blond locks. Making a mental note to photograph this memory ASAP.

3. Biggest Loser’s theme song; particularly the main lyric “What have you done today to make you feel proud?” Not boastful, of course, but proud that you’ve accomplished something. Especially when I’m in the middle of something really tough or dreading doing a daunting task it pops in my head and I practically scream it aloud; “What have I done today to make myself proud?” After I’ve gotten through the task I always reiterate “THAT’s what I’ve done today to make me feel proud”. If you don’t know the song then download it ASAP and let it be the first song on every motivational playlist. The day I get a smart phone I will find a way to make it my alarm clock ringtone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Following you on reader, found you on the twitter party for Kelly Wels.

Ashley said...

I read this yesterday, and have had that song stuck in my head ever since - lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails