"Sometimes reading too much about other people's lives will make you jealous when in reality your life is pretty dang good! #takeastepback"Sometimes reading blogs and websites can be wonderful; I get great ideas, catch up on friends, see into others lives, and get lost in the world of wishing. On that same note it can turn incredibly sour; how many times have you found yourself lusting over someone else’s life? If I’m not careful I find myself becoming jealous and envious over a complete stranger. I can walk away from the computer sad because I have mentally beaten myself up about every aspect of my life.
I want to eat more organically like her family does.
I want to be as thin as her, as curvy as her, and pretty as her.
I want a cleaner house like her.
I want to be able to decorate like she can.
Her kids are so much more advanced than mine; I want to be a better teacher.
I want a perfect marriage like her.
I want all those friends she has.
I wish I lived where she does.
I wish I was her.
If you reverse all the sentences look what they say; I’m not a thin, curvy or pretty. I’m not a good decorated, I’m not a good mom. I don’t have a good marriage. I don’t have good friends. I don’t like who I am.
Wait a minute, I do like who I am! Snap out of this funk and look around; I do have a good life! I do love my son and husband and friends. I am thankful for my house, my food, my body.
Be careful what thoughts you let into your head. I love blogging and reading others blogs but if I don’t have that protective wall up mentally it can cause some seriously damage. We are so wonderful in our own way regardless of what others have.
I’m loving myself today, how about you?
3 comments:
this is so true... yet I was always too scared to actually admit to it. every time I look at other people's homes, I'm like "wow... I wish I had a home so big and clean and beautiful!" I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has felt like this at some point ...
well said! it's a slippery slope isn't it! sometimes it's hard to remember blogs don't always tell the whole story, they don't always show days when the house is a wreck, the kids are nuts, and no outfit looks cute!
I wrote a comment last night and it didn't work out! Boo! I feel like people can write about themselves however they want to on their blogs. And post the good pictures. And tell the more humorous/precious/"I'm awesome" stories ... which is ok! Blogging is documenting life how you remember it or want to remember it, but I agree some bloggers who post great pics and a paragraph or two can leave you feeling blah about yourself. That's why I love bloggers like you and a small handful of others who share everything honestly - trials, triumphs, goals, woes, funny stories, pretty pictures, honest antidotes... I appreciate that and find these bloggers to be more inspirational, encouraging, and good role models as Mothers/wives, etc. SO, keep doing what you're doing because I think you're great! :)
Post a Comment