Jun 6, 2011

Yep, it just happened.

My entire world has come full circle…my mom got a blog. Well it’s going more like this…



Mom: Hey, how do you start a blog? Do you do Facebook blog or just go to I want a blog.
Me: Uhhh….. there are lots of different hosting sites. Try Blogger.com, it’s Google’s blog.
Mom: Ok..

 
A few minutes later, another call.


Mom: I’m trying to log in…I already have a Google name….now I have to get a Google account..but I already posted a blog.


A few minutes later, another call.


Mom: It says domain name and blog name….do they have to be the same.
Me: It might help

 
A few minutes later, another call.


Mom: Ok I’m done now it’s asking if I want to decide on a layout or post….there are only 6 options
Me: No you can edit color and font within those options. (dying at the thought of explaining that)
Me: ok…


Mom: I tried to post something but it messed up.
Mom: How do I see this blog? It’s asking preview blog but now do have I to go back and post it? Oh publish post?
Me: Yes

 
A few minutes later, another call.

Mom: So when people ask whats your blog name do you just say the name?
Me: no you tell them your domain name
Mom: So you tell people Busytown
Me: It’s called Busyland
Mom: Ok so you say Busytown or your URL
Me: I’ve never actually had a conversation and given out the URL to my blog

…..

Mom: So if I find people and want to read their blogs and they want to read mine how do I “follow” them.
Me: Mom, I can’t sit down and have this conversation right now. I’ll call you later and we can talk all about it.

 
Again, my mother has a blog. No she will not be following mine but at one point she might figure out how to find my and she will read this post and although she will be annoyed I just blasted her to the world I hope it makes her laugh.



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Whoa.

I'm so curious :)

tryna* said...

ha! I can totally hear this conversation in my head. and I like it.

Elle said...

This is hilarious. My mom would be the same way and I would probably just end up doing it for her. ;)

Ashley said...

That's funny. I would probably have to set it up for my Mom because she's very technologically challenged. She just got FB right after Joel was born and still doesn't fully get it. She asked me about creeping the other night. Lol. Wonder what we'll be like when our boys are our age?

Related Posts with Thumbnails