Nov 15, 2011

You can be my Punk Rock Princess {I'll be your Garage Band King}

No reason for the silence, just quiet lately. It seems I’ve been more in the mood to look forward to what’s to come (and happened) this week that I’ve been lacking on reflecting back to last week’s events. Last week’s biggest (and most frustrating) accomplishment was completing my second sewing project. I cannot believe I didn’t take any pictures of the finished products (even though I was reminded repeatedly by my sister!) so I have nothing to show for. They were two gifts for Moses’ two favorite lady friends. One was a Thomas the Train themed blue and red tutu with a red/white checked waistband that had a red tulle hair bow with a toy Thomas car in the center. The other was a pink and orange tutu with a beautiful printed fabric waistband and a long sleep white shirt with a matching fabric “T” placed on the front then cross-stitched down. At the end of the project I understood why it had been so frustrating; learning to sew (while sewing a present) requires extreme concentration and I wasn’t letting myself have any! I was coming over late at night or with the boys and it was too much to handle. Thankfully I did the Thomas tutu all by myself while my mom led by example with the first one. It wasn’t easy but I’m thankful I did it; next time I will make sure to practice on something personal that way it’s not so much pressure!


So what am I looking forward to? So much is going on in a 7 day time span but thankfully it’s nothing but fun. Last night, I got to take my little sister to her first [real] “rock show”. You know, the whole smoke filled college bar venue filled with Scene Beans, drunk girls, punk rock princesses, and oh those boys in the bands. I tried my hardest to make sure she was having a good time even if it meant shoving our way towards the front and jumping up and down with my muffin top falling out of my skinny jeans. I have incredibly fond memories of being in high school / early college and doing the band thing so this was so much fun to “chaperone” her living out these experiences.



I’ll share the rest of this week’s glory as it unfolds but I wanted to write in the moment because before I know it this moment will be over and we’ll be flying into the next one.



Ps. I have this totally wonderful giveaway to post and if I ever give myself time to sit down and write it I’ll post it this week! It’s one of those things you may not think twice about but once it’s in your arms you’re going to be all “oh my gosh this is won-der-ful!!”

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I miss concerts SOOO much! Josh & I went all the time when we were dating and first married, but tiny kids and living in a state where all the best concerts are 1-3 hours away make that really hard. :( Also, nice with the Something Corporate title. I want to go find that album in our shelf now and listen to it all day!

Melissa said...

I miss shows too! :(

I'm glad Molly had a veteran to show her the ropes :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails