It seems like just yesterday when our older brother double bounced her on the trampoline and she hobbled around in a hot pink cast on her leg. Or when she sat at the kitchen table and introduced us to her imaginary friend Cocky’s family that came to visit. Or when we used to call her Molly Polly Pocket and Fudge Round Face. It seems like just yesterday when we shared a bedroom a bathroom and a giant tree top bunk bed. Or when she started Kindergarten or Elementary school or Middle school. When did my little little sister become my dear friend? When did I stop teasing her and start wanting to hang out with her?
Being nine years apart it makes friendships difficult sometimes. Until recently we could never even watch the same TV programs. I used to think of her as a child but she’s hardly that anymore. She’s growing up and becoming such a beautiful young lady inside and out. My heart explodes a little when I think about how incredibly good her heart is. I’m starting to see she’s not so naive anymore yet she is still so pure. She is on fire for the Lord and she’s incredibly loyal to her friends. I cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die when I say I wish I was half the girl she is on my 14th birthday. Tonight I’m taking her out for dessert to celebrate but when she doesn’t know is 12 of her closest girlfriends are going to be there to surprise her. The tables and chairs will be decorated with pink tulle, big felt flowers and paper flower confetti. There will be lots of chatter and laughter and smiles because we are all so happy to celebrate this special day with her!
Happy Birthday to my little sister who I didn’t know I could love so much!
(A cell phone picture taken last month; it's the best I could do for now!)

2 comments:
So sweet! My oldest younger sister and I are 9.5 years apart too, so I'm glad to see as yours gets older you're able to get closer. Mine is 12 and already it's starting and I'm so glad. I lived in fear we'd never be close. Happy b-day to your sis!
Ugh...(crying as I write this) I soo wish I could be there to celebrate the specail day with both my little sisters that I love and miss sooooo much!! I'm so glad that yall have crated such an awesome bond, and hope that she has the BEST surprise party ever tonight!! Your such a GREAT sister!! xoxo!!
Post a Comment