Apr 23, 2012

Memory lane.

I’m sure if you feel any nostalgia towards the 1980’s and 90’s it’s due in part to seeing pictures and videos of the old TV shows and even better, home videos. We have a dozen or so from childhood that put our family in a VHS nutshell. Want to hear something really sad? I’ve never taken a legitimate home video of Moses. Yes I have a ton of 30 second to two minuet clips on the digital camera but as far as those movies you can sit down and watch…none, until this weekend. A co-worker heard Moses was playing Wee Ball this season and insisted I borrow her DVD recorder to capture the memories; oh my glorious moments on film! I did about 10 minutes of practice, 15 minutes of his game, and a 5 minuet Moses-in-the-moment filming and I loved it. I had the biggest smile while he sang and talked into the camera; he even unprompted reenacted one of my famous dance moves as a child…throwing yourself on the floor as dramatic as possible! It made me so heart happy to replay the video only moments after it happened because in a month, year, 5 years, 10 years, he won’t be the same Moses as he is in this very moment. There will be a time when I can’t precisely remember him at this age just as I have done with his first year of life but I can pull out this video and stroll down memory lane.

Life is so precious and Motherhood is such an honor.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails