May 25, 2012

My Week: Thursday

I’ve never addressed the water intake but I have a wonderful 24oz Starbucks (duh!) cold cup and I drink about 4 or 5 refills of it each work day. At home I only drink water and if I work out I easily go through a water bottle or 2. So yeah, I love water and so does my body!

Thursday

7:15- I roll around and realize the boys are up and Davy is still here- victory! I lay in silence and listen to the boy’s conversation…Moses informs Davy the difference between how Mommy and Daddy go peepee and I slightly die inside.
7:15-8:15- I’ve been craving a smoothie so I whip one up first thing.

Berry Green smoothie: 1 frozen banana, handful of blueberries, two strawberries, blueberry greek yogurt, ½ cup skim milk, large handful of spinach. Throw it all in the blender and breakfast is served! Note: using a brown frozen banana adds extra chill and so much more sweetness because of how ripe it is. Anytime my banans turn brownish I throw them in the freezer for smoothies or banana bread. To peel simply heat in microwave 30 seconds and it’s soft enough to pull off). I sit in the freezer while I continue to get ready. Moses wants a smoothie too but only drinks about two sips of it before giving it back to me. He wants just to want!
8:30- While driving to school I remind Moses that he gets a popsicle after school if he behaves today because after yesterday’s melt down at school he didn’t get any treats. He ensures he’ll have a GREAT day!

10am- my stomach is a little upset; not sure if it’s all the dairy or the spinach or what but I’m in no mood to eat.
12:15- I eat a frozen Smart One spicy Thai peanut chicken noodle thing because I’m hungry and I’m hoping it will just make whatever’s wrong go away. I took a short lunch at my desk which was way too short. I eat a Dove chocolate because I’m in denial lunch is over.

3pm- Just feeling crappy and bored and like I want to eat something naughty. This ALWAYS happens to me on Thursdays and Fridays because I’m ready for the weekend and think that will make it all better.
      Snack: Mini bag of popcorn and another Dove. Blah…I want a cupcake!

6:15pm- The boys are happy because my MIL is coming over for dinner AND we are going on a movie date after we eat!

Food: Skinny Taste Jalapeño Popper Chicken with a side of roasted red potatoes and salad. I put ½ of a red potato on my plate (just to taste it but not indulge) but mostly fill it with lots of salad and a small piece of chicken. Not going to lie, the chicken is amazing!
8:00pm- Oh hi, worst decision of the week. Here I am on a date wanting something sweet and we are at the Publix bakery. I get a frosted cookie that I know is a terrible idea but I do it anyways. It taste amazing but about an hour later I realize it wasn’t worth it and make a mental note this unsatisfied feeling is greater than the one I had thinking that a cookie would make me satisfied. I work too hard to let these things trip me up. I forgive myself and move on because it’s too late but lesson learned.

11:00pm- the movie was long (Hunger Games; Hubs read the series but had yet to see the movie…he loved it) and we’re exhausted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails