May 23, 2012

My Week: Tuesday

Tuesday
7:15- Moses comes in our room and cries when he realizes Daddy’s gone to work. This new position is an adjustment for all of us.
7:15-8:00- We quickly realize the power is out so it’s a strange morning. No TV or hair straightener or standing with the fridge open; I get hot quick and we’re out the door early.

8:20- Since I’m early I figure I’ll get my Publix shopping out of the way; the store is practically empty and although my cart is loaded full it only took 25 minutes. I have already browsed Skinny Taste as well as my pantry and picked out meals for this week; I’ve been trying to spend around $75 a week on groceries so I’m cutting down on extras and keeping to the list. I always do a couple chicken dishes mixed with a shrimp or beef dish to keep Davy happy.

Staples in my cart are: Strawberries, bananas, apples, oranges, mangos (have been on sale lately), bell peppers, onion, spinach, frozen broccoli, Board’s Head Everroast chicken, shredded cheddar for my boys, bread, greek yogurt and regular yogurt, eggs, egg whites. These foods make up breakfast and lunches as well as snacks.
Dinners normally call for a mix of: yellow rice, beans, sweet potatoes, brown rice, panko or Italian bread crumbs, squash, various seasonings or sauces I have at home.
I spend $90 at Publix and I know I still need to do another dry run at lunch…crap! Not on budget!

9am- At work I make a bowl of greek yogurt with slices strawberries and blueberries; it tastes awesome! I have some coffee later on but only half a cup. I don’t need coffee to function so sometimes it’s just for flavor.
12:15- I’m still not that hungry so I eat a banana before heading to Wal Mart. I hate Wal Mart but you can’t beat their prices of some dry food or brand name things so it’s my go to maybe once a week. Blah, not nearly as fun as Target!

Food:  I eat some sliced lunch meat, sliced bell peppers, and blueberries because I’m hungry but not starving and I need something quick as I’ve already started to work again. Fun fact: you don’t need bread or other dry starchy carb thing with every lunch; fresh food is satisfying especially when you slice it all before you sit down and have a big spread to pick from.
3pm- Hmmm here comes 3pm hunger. I want something fun so I check the points on this new organic cinnamon crunch cereal I bought and it’s only 3 points for 1 cp! Waa hoo hello bowl of cereal for snack!

5:45- Feeling hungry but there is no way I’m eating; dinner is soon! I’m low on my points today but I feel like I’ve been eating…soon it’s 6pm and I’m out the door.
6:15pm- Unload all the food and start dinner. The boys get home (waa hoo) and we play and cook.

7:00pm- Dinner: Grilled flank steak with a black bean, tomatoes, and corn (fiesta flavor) salsa (Skinny Taste) with a side of yellow rice. Its yum and the flavors are great so no cheese or sour cream needed!
7:15-8:00pm- Play time! We do some memory games and goof off; in between I’m prepping the sausage egg mcmuffins I’m making for Davy for his breakfasts. He needs something fast in the mornings and a twitter friend gave me her recipe. They were super easy and I’m already thinking of ways I have make them Weight Watcher friendly.

8:00pm- I snuggle with Moses and read a few books before bed.
8:15-9:00pm- Me and Hubs kick it on the couch. We are half watching TV, half talking, and I’m dicing fruit for the popsicles I’m making.

9:00-10pm- I get on the treadmill and watch TV while Davy plays video games then unwinds with TV. He’s exhausted and heads to bed by 9:30. I finish my 2.5 mile run and stretch on the floor while finishing my show before cleaning up and heading to bed…I’m shutting down by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails