We moved his
crib mattress to a toddler bed around age 2 and that’s been working fine except
you can never really snuggle up for pre bedtime reading. My mother in law has a
platform bed frame waiting for us in her garage but we just needed to actually
go make the mattress purchase. Friday night after work we headed to the big
furniture store and touched our hands where a lot of other people have sat
their butts. After purchasing the mattress it was necessary to immediate go to
Target to pick out bedding. I wanted it to be a family affair but if you ask
Moses he would tell you “nope, just Mommy picked out my blanket and sheets”
*side eye* true story. They had red jersey knit sheets and I was sold and a
blue/light blue reversible quit comforter was perfect for a growing
not-really-themed bedroom.
After
getting it in the room and all set up the fun began; Moses loved his big bed
and loved that we could get into the bed with him. That night we snuggled while
enjoying stories and to be honest I really just wanted to sleep there all
night. The next day he was still so excited he wanted to spend most of the
morning in his room so we could hang out in his bed. We read 5 books straight
and coming from the child who can’t sit still this was incredible for me. After
reading he requested I just lay in the bed while he played around and brought
me toys; gee son, I guess I can do that.
Now he’s
been walking all of our house guest (with eyes closed of course) into his room
to show it off. He made the transition seamlessly and it has brought us all a
little more joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment