Mar 13, 2013

Zooooooo

This one will be filed back where it belongs (cough January cough) but for now I wanted to share one of my favorite memories of 2013 so far and it happen to take place on the very first day of the year. We are not much for impromptu trips due to work schedules and money and my over planning mind but this weekend was different; we both had the day off and Saturday afternoon I found myself calling to make sure the Zoo was open and H&M was open. Jacksonville, here we come.

We didn’t tell Moses this morning car ride was turning into an adventure until we hit I10 which made it all the more fun; we sang and talked and sang and talked and eventually pulled into the mall parking lot to load up on toddler H&M clothes. In and out as fast as we could because we had lions and tigers and bears to see!
 

The zoo had visitors but was never busy. The weather was cool but hot at the same time. We were kicking ourselves for not having enough time only to find out we had plenty of time. The experience was new and glorious.
My most favorite memory was the giraffe exhibit; as we walked up the ramp we were overwhelmed with the several very large creatures standing so close by. I was thrilled we had some vacation cash on hand to be able to feed the giraffes and I may have been more excited than Moses. We savored the few seconds it took for that long purple tongue to wrap around the branches and swallow them whole and I think both of us had smiles plastered on our faces long after it was over.
We started off the New Year right and to be honest it’s been going pretty great ever since!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails