It’s as if you are running at full speed sprinting for the finish line and as soon as you cross it you completely stand still. No light jog to slow your racing heart; it all just stops and your suspended somewhere is a blissful lalaland. That is my joys and fears of May. I parent, I run errands, I cook, I spouse, I clean, I friendship all while I work a full time job; life for me is always driven on the interstate with the occasional fast lane and the occasional exit for a bathroom break but what about when it turns to back country roads? How does one even spend all day inside their home? My incredibly wise Mother reminded me once the baby is here its okay to have days when you accomplish nothing. It’s okay to sit and nurse and sleep and sit and just be. How do you just be? With Moses we were young and I was an emotional mess and within two weeks I was thinking about pumping and storing milk and routines and prepping myself to get back to work; but what about when the TO DO list is to just be?
Feb 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment