This week Davy and I were laying there and I had fallen asleep snuggling with my belly against his backside. He was still awake and felt a thump against him back. It was Moses, he was moving around while I was sleeping and Davy felt it. It was so exciting and meant so much to me that they got to have a little bonding without me around! Of course I always feel Moses when he kicks and even when Davy holds his hands to my belly, I feel in to. It is never just him and Moses, well not yet at least, so it was really cool how he got to experience him without me.
It must be the weather that makes me feel in love, but I feel o so in love right now! Just love in general is all in the air and I can’t help but feel so engulfed by it. The weather has been cool to cold in the mornings and just a nice breeze all day. The chill of the shade is constantly overtaking the heat of the sun and everyday the last week or so has just been amazing. I’m so excited that this is just the beginning of great weather to come!
We went to the doctors Wednesday and everything is looking a-okay. I’ve gained 19 lbs so far, which I’m actually pleased about because I thought it would be closer to 25- but they said 19 is right on track. The belly measures 27, exactly as it should. We start going to the doctors every two weeks now that we’ve entered the third trimester! I’ve started to walk a lot more this past month because I was doing a lousy job of it the first half of the pregnancy. Everyone tells me walking, or exercise in general will help the labor- and so I finally took their advice and do it! The easiest for me is to go to the gym when Davy works at night and turn on a tv show I like then stay walking at a steady pace and watch the show! It helps the hour go by a lot faster and it makes me feel accomplishedJ. As long as I stick with it and continue to walk 2-3 times a day, I think I will be well prepared.
Quick side note: we start birthing classes at the end of this month! I will write more about that once we start, but I’m excited because that makes the labor and delivery that much more real to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment