Dec 18, 2009

Pretty lights on the tree, you should be here with me.

**Sometimes work get a tid bit busy and I don't finish a blog. This week it happened twice so I'm calling this a smash up of 2 mini blogs plus new stuff!**

Earlier this week:
Tis the Season? Or maybe just Tis TheNester? Whatever it is, it’s got me in the mood to be domestic. Our house has been a work in project for months and it’s SLOWLY coming together… slowly meaning maybe by January I’ll have hung pictures and bought rugs! Anyways, the state of my home is another blog in itself, I wanted to talk about being domestic! After we hung out Christmas tree and put lights on it I knew the house needed more. It hardly felt like Christmas until you walk into every room and it’s decorated (thanks Mom for forever having the best decorated house I know). So I managed to come up with a wreath idea for the front door all by myself. I placed a big red ribbon at the top and tied on a collection of red, green, and silver balls. All different shines and textures (glitter on some, of course!) and sizes made up the collection and it turned out great! Then I made a mom-inspired ball filled vase. I used a large glass one that slightly coned at the bottom and opened at the top. At the bottom I started laying down a small strand of white lights followed by a purple, pink, teal, blue, green, silver, and white balls. I intertwined the lights as I filled up the vase so once it was completed the strand poked out of the top. It was super easy and gives off a really nice warm feel. I did a few other things around the house but those are the two I’m most proud of. Subscribing to The Nester blog gets me inspired on a daily basis to decorate the house and I cannot wait until I have a clear picture of what I want to do with the living room and put those plans into action.


Another domestic thing I’ve been into is baking. Well more like eating sweets, hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, and anything warm…. But again, different blog! Last week I had a splendid Christmas cooking making party with The Girlfriends and a sugar high lasted a good 48 hours. We spent half the time laughing and eating and finally around 11pm got down to business of decorating. I ended up taking home about 8 cookies and had no desire to eat them, they were too pretty! Thankfully Davy had no deep attachment and was able to enjoy. My next project will be, Nest inspired, to make a pan a delicious (fingers crossed) sweets for some friends and family. I think they are the pretty “Merry Christmas” little treat to pull everyone through these last 11 days before Christmas.

Wednesday:
Stomach “aches” are no fun. I wouldn’t even call it an ach because it felt more like gysers of acid erupting every 5 minuets. Disgusting graphic, I know, but there is no better way to describe it. I ended up leaving work early because I just could take it anymore. A little Pepto, couch time, and a Hallmark movie seemed to do the trick and I’m back at the “ol’ daily grind” again today.

Today:
I'm in a great mood.

Last night has a gift wrapping party with my mom and sisters and wrapped EVERY present I brought over. I was shocked at my productivity and proud of almost all the wrapping jobs (sorry Patrick…maybe next year I’ll get the bow perfect). Lots of laughs, a few tears (why do good people have to die), and an entire living room filling with gift wrap (my mom’s Martha Stewart with a booty, have I mentioned that?).

Tonight we are having a little adult time for a friend’s surprise party at Level 8, a downtown high-rise hotel. The bar has a big open balcony that over looks downtown and I’ve heard its very chic and big city trendy. Lots of our friends should be there and I’m anticipating many laughs. Tomorrow a friend couple of ours is getting married and that should also be a great time with a completely different set of friends. I’m looking forward to enjoying a wedding and not being in the center of it (sorry- I’m awful for still not blogging about ours… the subject stares me down and I’m too intimidated to go there). Hopefully Sunday will consist of the usual. Church, lunch, and lots of laying around wishing Monday never comes. Ideally I would love to take Moses to see Santa but if the line is halfway across the mall I don’t see that happening.


(this blog is too long, sorry, I don't care)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Yay! I need to follow the nester too then I guess... I didnt know they had a blog AND a website! I like your creative holiday ideas! I'd love to see pics of how they turned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails