Jan 15, 2010

If you give a baby a bottle

He'll turn into a boy.


We are parents to a toddler, or so they say. He is officially no longer a baby although we haven’t really thought of him as baby for months now. At his one year check up he weighed 22.6 lbs and 30 inches long, both 50% percentile for his age. He’s been walking for about 3 months now and within this past month has become unstoppable. Even though he has no teeth yet (I got my first at 14 months so we’re not too worried) he manages to eat whatever he wants. Sometimes those wants are green beans and cheese, sometimes strictly bananas and puffs. Ideally we would love for him to eat a well balanced meal, but we also understand he’s only one and sometimes that doesn’t happen. Because of the lack of teeth he is still pretty picky about his textures but nothing to write home about. Physically he is incredible strong; so much so he has hurt me a time or two getting too excited swinging his arms. He does things like smack your chest/arms/ face until you tell him “be sweet” and then he’ll slowly pat your cheeks like you’re a little puppy. We’ve given him one small hair cut but he’s due for another. He still enjoys a passy and has yet to cling to a special blanket. I’m hoping that will change this year with a little probing from Davy and I because we were avid blankey lovers. Nothing would bring us more joy then to see him carrying one around. He is none stop from the time he wakes until we lay him down, and even sometimes then he’ll run around his crib and refuse to fall asleep.



I thought January 5th I would wake up a big sappy mess exclaiming “I can’t believe my baby’s 1 years old”….. but I didn’t. I didn’t cry at all that day, and surprisingly even held it together for his party. Reason being? In my eyes it’s more of an milestone than a “loss” of my baby. I’m thrilled we have made it an entire year being parents, we’ve survived with only a few minor boo boo’s and sick days. No trips to the ER, not throwing vases out of anger; we’ve actually made it! I won’t lie some nights when Moses’ sprawls out over my body while I give him a bottle I wish he was pint size again or let me rock him like a little baby; but we moved on from those times. He is growing up and we living each day in the moment (slow down and savor, remember?).
(Mo was super distracted by the Paparazzi surrounding him)


Just when I feel like I have nothing to do and can start working on the house, I put more on my plate. Could it simply be as excuse to avoid decorating my house? Maybe. But this time it’s school. With only a few classes left I knew it was important to finish. This semester I’m braving campus for a night class. There is a lot of reading and the papers and test will be a challenge, but I’m excited about the finish line. Education is important to me and I want to do this for me. My house being decorated is also important, so maybe I’ll get around to it after I…..do everything else possible!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your house is already so beautiful! Enjoy everything and give Mo and Davy hugs from me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails