If you're eating salad for lunch stop reading now.
This past weekend a couple girlfriends and I went to visit friends in Georgia. The trip was great, yada, yada, loved the girl time; however that is not the part I want to talk about. Let’s talk about my love for ice cream. In there small town they have their very own Ben & Jerry’s shop….yes…. an entire shop full of Ben & Jerry’s. The guilty pleasure of fresh, natural, delicious Ben & Jerry’s in tubs much larger than a pint for your liking. Walking into the store was overwhelming; so many options including so many I’ve never heard of. After much debating I went with Milk & Cookies and Chocolate Therapy.
Can you read that? Swirls of chocolate pudding ice cream. SHUT.UP.
Cookies inside cookies inside milk. New favorite.
Double scoop. Oh. My. Gosh. Mouth watering. I won’t even go into the details of the freshly made waffle cone he hand wrapped for me to place this mound of ice cream in.
If there is heaven on earth, it’s in this shop. We loved it so much we went back the very next day to do it all over again; this time I got coconut seven layer bar (cue the heavens signing). I was smiling ear to ear.
We joked in the car ride how many calories we thought each of us had consumer but ultimately agreed that it was justified due to the fact that we didn’t have this shop back home. For kicks and giggles when I returned home and out of my sugar coma I decided to Google just about how many calories I ingested. They say each for a ½ cup serving (1 scope) ranged from 200-250 but with the scopes Matt was loading into my cone seemed more like 3/4th to 1 entire cup (making each scope closer to 400 calories). Throwing in my gestimation of the cone being around 150 this brings the total close to 1,000 calories. That’s right, over half a day’s allowance of calories. I recently wrote an article for work about eating right and exercising so after hearing this I was shocked, appalled, horrified, mortified, but happily floating in a cloud of Vermont’s finest. Happy dieting!
No comments:
Post a Comment