Aug 30, 2010

me. me. me.

The emotions are commonly clumped into the words “me time” seeing it’s the only thing that makes sense. The restless, bored, overworked, frazzled, needy self needs an escape. A way to make all the bad things balance out with all the good things to make daily living harmonious. Many of days I’m not able to do what I think I want to do so I result to a sweet treat thinking it will make me feel better. Turns out the guilt of those spoonable calories just makes me feel worse. Last week I felt like I hit a breaking point. After the weekend of sulking (for a good reason) I was greeted with overloads at work and the first days of school. The time Thursday came around I was begging to jump out the window and escape. I finally told Davy honestly how I felt; mentally and emotionally not okay. I didn’t know what I needed but I couldn’t sit in this house all weekend. Maybe a girls night or expensive dinner date or yard-saleing or crafting. Fast forward to Sunday night and I’m breathing a big sigh of relief; harmony is back. And the things I thought wouldn’t solve the problem turned out bringing the biggest joys. Loving others. Chick fil a with the cousins Friday night during a crazed crowd of August birthday at the “Birthday party”, breaking a sweat hulling Moses and the cousins around Olly Wally’s Saturday, catching up with friends Saturday night, Sunday morning breakfast with the in laws, more running around with the cousins Sunday afternoon and the Emmy’s with Davy Sunday night. Not one of those things were something I though could relieve me but they did. A melting pot of joy seeing the ones I love having a great time, laughter, and special people. I am so thankful I feel refreshed. I’m ready!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails