Aug 10, 2010

Repunzel

Just call me Mother Butcher, because that’s exactly what I did to Moses’ hair Sunday night. I love his blond locks and promised myself to keep them long with the occasional trim. Well it had been weeks and the hair above his ears was getting poufy so we decided to go about our normal routine of trimming it. Davy had the great idea and reassured me a number 6 on his razor was practically long hair and we should just use that instead of a comb and scissors. Well I put the razor to the back of his head and within 3 seconds of cutting I don’t notice a difference. Thinking this plan was genius I did a few more stripes before I realize what’s happening. The razor was actually giving him a buzz cut but the long hair above the buzz was hanging so long it covered it up. I panicked. At this moment I realize there is no turning back; I’ve officially screwed this up. After much gridding my teeth/snipping at Davy out of anger discussion we decide we might as well shave the back side and try to fade it in to a longer top. Trying to keep a 19 month old still was a challenge which ultimately ended in two chocolate chip cookies, lots of crying, and defeat. I tried to work as fast as I could but the night ended with an awful hair cut and me teary eyed thinking about it. Davy reassured me hair grows back but it didn’t help; until his hair grows back he’s left with an ugly hair cut.
Monday morning Davy took all the blame at daycare accusing himself of the awful cut but deep down I know he did nothing wrong. This morning I tried to shape it up a little and I think if you saw him running by you wouldn’t do a double take but as soon as you get down eye level you would notice how uneven everything is. This couldn’t have happened at a more inconvenient time due to the fact that tonight is open house at school where we will not only meet his new teachers but also meet all the parents for the first time. Lucky for us Moses is much cuter than an awful haircut and with wild smiles let’s hope they distract anyone from the patches missing on the side of his head.


And no, I’m not posting any pictures in hopes it will magically grow back if I don’t document it.


 

2 comments:

One Day It Will Be Time Again said...

LOL. No, I neeeeed to see pictures of this! lol!

carO__ said...

NOOOO you really really don't; it's THAT bad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails