Nov 15, 2010

bippity boppity boo!

This season I have embraced the holidays more than ever! I don’t know if the appreciation comes with age; knowing the amount of work that goes into the cooking and shopping. Or if it’s the personal ownership I take in a beautifully decorated home and the holiday feel the air fresher gives off when you walk into the house from the mud room. In case you’re wanting the same holiday scent its Febreeze noticeable dual scent “something pumpkin” and “something cranberry”; life changing. This year I experienced my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks and fell in love. The combination of pumpkin and espresso swirled in a togo cup warms my soul; it would be shameful to admit how many I’ve already drank this season. For days when my schedule and wallet don’t agree with Starbucks I’ve bought Pumpkin creamer to enjoy at my desk.


I finally broke down and asked my cousin for her family’s “famous” pumpkin muffin recipe. They literally take five minuets to make and 10 minuets to bake in mini muffin tins; topped with a dollop of cream cheese icing and your mouth is in a Winter Wonderland. I brought them into work a couple weeks ago and my coworkers came to the agreement that it takes eating four mini muffins to equal one regular muffin therefore eating four in one sitting in completely appropriate.

Something I’ve done this year for the first time was attempt a pumpkin pie. I say attempt because…well….rushing to throw it together after work and messing up two ingredients causes it to turn out a little wonky. Note to self: sweet condensed milk is NOT the same as evaporated milk. If you want to put your in arch enemy in a sugar coma follow my lead.
Whether it’s eating, drinking, or smelling the holidays, I’m lovin’ it!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Oh got the mini pumpkin recipe!?!? Can you share with me? I'd LOVED those little things at Jamie's shower, and I've been fantasizing over them for weeks! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails