Nov 4, 2010

If you give a mouse a lollypop.

Up until Sunday afternoon we were uncertain what to do about Halloween. I was laid out on the couch nauseous the entire day and finally around 5pm the boys decided to head over to my MIL’s house for the festivities. Moses wore a mouse costume my mom made for me when I was three and looked adorable! I planned on painting on a nose and whiskers but since Dad was in charge that didn’t happen. They met up with my brother in law and his son and trick or treated around MIL’s neighborhood. I was a little nervous how Moses would react to all the scary yards but Davy said he did great. He had no problem walking up to the front door and accepting candy from strangers. (That last sentence sounds terribly wrong…but I guess this day is the one exception to the rule). He would say “treat” and “thank you” for each piece of candy. In reality he didn’t really know what was going on or what getting candy really means.
When he got home that night he dumped out his entire treat bucket and was most excited about a small tub of play dough. Little did he know those pieces of wrapped up candy held sugary goodness. As he played with his play dough we went through the stash to check for opened candy then staked our claim on which pieces we would eat. In that moment I felt like that parent from every movie and story I’ve heard when they secretly eat their child’s candy. Moses took a liking to the 6 lollypops he collected; he would gather them all up in his tiny fist and hold them proudly in the air as if he were the Statue of Liberty. After school the next day we let him indulge in a small lollypop and to our surprised he quickly handed it over for a banana. Cleary the child doesn’t know what’s good for him yet.
Cousin Alex aka Mario and our little mouse!

This picture is a fluke but it makes me laugh...."Get your hands off my candy!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails