Dec 10, 2010

Burp.

It makes me happy to see a mom with three or more young children and still has a smile on her face. I know kids can be challenging but it’s nice to see a mom can relax enough to enjoy the chaos of a full house.


God always provides, always. Sometimes it takes turning off the cable, a few cry fests, and a prayer but He always does.

Davy asked me the other day is we were going to “do” Santa. Growing up never believing in Santa (thanks my sis) I don’t know what it’s like to “believe” and what it’s like to find out he’s not real. We stood there and look at each other for a moment before I spoke. “I guess” was my answer. I’m not going to lead him down this huge fabricated lie that Santa is watching his behavior and yadda yadda but I think the thrill of Santa coming Christmas Eve night might be fun. We will leave out cookies, write Santa’s name on a few presents and do that mess until he’s old enough to understand. Good solution, right?

Driving in the car the other on the way to school Moses happily ate his banana. When he finished he said “Mommy, banana?”
“You ate it all”
“All gone?”
“Yes Mo, it’s in your tummy”. Moses looked down at his tummy and started to pat it; he smiled but still didn’t understand.
“Tummy, Mommy?”
“Yes Mo, it goes in your tummy and then out your hiney”. He paused for a moment then slid his hand down to the crouch of his pants and exclaimed, “Ouchy, hiney!”
(I love this age)


It was finals week and I was too busy studying, freaking out, and taking tests to write real posts. Next week I’ll either be writing the “I’m done with college” post or the “Wah Wah life sucks I’m retaking one class” post.

Oh and I have a really cute giveaway post for next week too!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ah, how cute! I can't wait for that age (but I'm also trying to savor this age as well)! I think it's smart not to make Santa someone who watches your every move. My parents had us kids in two sets and I remember my Mom (who was overwhelmed with the 3 youngest ones) telling them when they were bad, "I'm calling Santa!" and I thought that was so stupid. Lol. I can understand her being so frazzled having 3 under 4, but in that moment I knew I would not do that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails