On Friday afternoon do you dream of how your weekend is going to go? A fun night out to eat after work? Cleaning the house for hours on Saturday then to be rewarded by a trip to Target after the baby wakes from his nap? Church then family lunch and maybe a visit to see the newest member of our family? Well, those were my plans and almost none went according to plan.
Friday night we braved the crowds and took our two year old with us to get sushi. Then we picked up sweets and a movie at Publix and went to bed early. Saturday morning I woke up to start the 2nd of 3 things I hoped to do only for those plans to quickly go wrong. I was carrying a laundry basket full of clothers down the step into the playroom and managed to step on every toy Mo had placed in the doorway; quickly falling to the ground and scream crying. I don't know what turned or pulled or broke but I have never cried that hard from physical pain in my adult life. Moses and I reverted roles as I laid on the ground screaming and he stood over me unsure what to do but tried to comfort. Note to self: don't act like a big baby in front on your baby. Davy eventually helped me up and I didn't get off the couch for hours. I couldn't move my foot and slowly it started to swell.
My entire day of cleaning and Target had been ruined. I miserably, lazily laid on the couch trying to figure out what to do. You see most people would just sleep the night away or go to the doctors BUT we had an engagement party to go to that we had been looking forward to for weeks. I wasn't going to miss it. Thankfully the In-Laws had a pair of crutches Davy went to pick up for me then we (yes we because it was a two person job getting me ready) got me ready for the party. I felt like Moses as I sat in the bath tub with a foot of water trying to wash my hair sitting down.Davy was wonderful all afternoon; he understood I needed him and didn't mind help doing everything. The rest of the night I hobbled around on crutches, mingled at the party and even made a post party trip to Steak N Shake which shows how dedicated I was to having a fun night!
The next morning we went to pick Moses up from my parents house only to find out the weekened just got a whole lot worse. Moses had been throwing up all night! First every where in his bed then in my sisters bed then on the blanket palette in the living room. Not only we were dealing with crutching me around everywhere but now we had a sick boy with a barf bucket to deal with. Can I just say Davy is incredible? Holding the barf bucket with one arm facing the back seat while Mo threw up and driving with the other hand; yeah, that incredible. We covered the couch in towels (however Mo still managed to blow chunks on my brand new blanket....love ya baby!) and laid Moses and I down and that's where we stayed all day long. It was painfully boring but desperately needed. Lots of throwing up and eating and Angry Birding and Dora took place during those many hours of rest. Moses woke up every couple hours last night but thankfully the throwing up has stopped. As for my foot its healing; still bruised and very sore but more than likely nothing is broken.
Needless to say, this weekend was MUCH different than planned. Lets hope we can steer clear of broken bones and sickness this week as we prepare for Moses' party on Saturday!
Jan 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! I'm sorry you got hurt! That sucks! And Moses being sick too? Ack! Davy definitely takes home the Super Husband/Dad award for the weekend!
Post a Comment