I’m young at heart and sometimes in real life too. Sometimes I actually act my age and, get this, it even feels good. Saturday night we made last minuet plans to “go out” with a group of friends. Normally my go to excuse is “I’m too tired” because normally coming off a 40 hour week and a messy house I’m ready to crash by 11pm but Saturday I said yes with no hesitation. Sometimes I need to get dressed up, hold my husbands hand and have a good time.
We met up with one of our favorite "couple friend" (side note: When I say couple friend I mean two people we like that are dating….which means there is always a chance they could break up and no longer be our couple friends. This has happened to us recently and I think I was more upset they broke up then they were. I cannot wait until our friends grow up and start getting married and having babies and finally be on our level in life. Anyways…) and a few others to venture out to a trendy up and coming area of town, Midtown.
(We live in Midtown and if we have more money I wish we could buy in Midtown because it’s simply wonderful. Trendy with coffee and cupcake shops, charming old houses, and takes 10 minuets to get anywhere you want to go.) I’m full of tangents today because here comes another one: when we know we are going out I normally try to nap, have a double shot espresso, and possibly a 5 Hour Energy to get my body ready to be up later than 11pm but Saturday I just had coffee in the afternoon not even knowing about the latter plans.
All tangents are over and I simply want to say we went out Saturday night and had lots of fun. We hopped around Midtown and downtown a bit, closed down a bar on campus, and even hit up Steak N Shake for fatty fatty food. We danced, we laughed, we hugged old friends and I even managed to have some serious talks yelling over the boom boom music.
The best part of the night was I felt my age and it felt good. No waking up to my 6:30am alarm or baby or obligations; just enjoying ourselves. This isn’t something we do often nor do I want to make it habit per say but I do want to make it a habit to remember I’m still young and it’s OKAY to act my age!
My birthday is Thursday and sometimes I like being young!
2 comments:
This post made me happy :)
Yay for staying up and being young!
Love you.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday to you! My birthday is on Saturday!
Post a Comment