May 2, 2011

Lemonaid for Sale

There are a lot of things in life I don’t understand. Sometimes those things I don’t understand can get to me and make me discouraged. Instead of dwelling on the why/what if/ how come/ not fair ness of it all I’m turning it all around into something positive.

I’m thankful for the little family I’ve made. My husband makes me laugh and my son makes my heart melt. We take our turns (ok it’s more like 60/40 if you ask him) being the needy one in the relationship but overall I say we do a healthy amount of loving, bickering, kissing, yelling and liking.

I’m thankful my son is healthy. This sounds awful now but when I was younger I used to say I wanted a baby with Downs because they were cute; now as a parent I am so incredibly thankful God has not challenged me with a special needs child. My entire pregnancy and birth were perfect and we are 28 months into post-womb parents and still nothing major has happened.

I’m thankful for my wonderful job. I’m not sure why I was called away from my great-benefits-mucho-free-time-job to be put in a slightly unstable sometimes stressful job but it’s working out really well. I’m thankful for a stable paycheck each month and for the coworkers I have. I’m thankful I laugh every.single.day at work and for the joy hard work brings.

I’m thankful for sunshine, rain, fluffy front yard grass, owning two cars for transportation, money to pay for gas, money to pay for yummy groceries, friends, pictures, earthy-crunchy friendly things, social networking, stupid TV shows, the rest of my big crazy family, trust, happiness, emotions, loyalty, and caramel fruit dip.

Sometimes life gets me down, sometimes life sucks, sometimes life isn’t what I pictured it to be AT ALL….but…I have so much to be thankful for I just don’t see the need to complain today.

1 comment:

tryna* said...

so true. good perspective. sometimes we need to be reminded of the good things in life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails