This year I decided Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. It’s a day that not everyone is awarded like a birthday but a day earned by becoming a Mother. It’s a day Moms get to feel extra appreciated for something they’re extremely proud of and work really hard for.
I’m pleased to say this year did not disappoint. Something I may not share a lot about Davy is he knows how to make me feel good. Yes, he’s had some gift flaws in past but that’s gotten 10 times better. He knows me better than anyone and pulled out all the stops this weekend.
Friday night I came home to a spotless kitchen and picked up house which I must say is better than A LOT of things money can buy. He also had beautiful potted blue orchids on the kitchen table for us to admire all weekend.
Saturday after bunch with my family he happily let my sister wisk me away on a 4 hour long shopping trip and didn’t ask once when I was coming home. We are not possessive people however sometimes in our marriage we can fall into the trap of micromanaging each other’s time and this weekend he let me relax and do whatever I wanted. After dinner Saturday night the boys insisted I open my card which was a voice recordable card with Moses and Davy saying “Happy Mother’s Day” and “I lub you” (lub= love in two year old dialect). It was precious and I may have listened to it 10 more times that night.
Sunday morning the boys woke me up with my present and Davy took over Moses duty while I took my time getting ready for church. The rest of the day was spent eating and hanging out with our moms. Davy made sure he took control any time Moses acted out so I could just enjoy the day. Overall it was wonderful, simple, relaxing, and much appreciated. I could not have asked for a better son and husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to hear you had a great weekend! I wish Mother's Day was every weekend now! And those are very pretty flowers!
Post a Comment