One big thing on my {25} list was to lose 20 pounds. I picked 20 because I’m pretty sure that was post baby/married weight but regardless of the number I am sick of being heavy. It’s funny because in my mind I thought after Moses was born I could shrink back down but instead my body settled into a new form of itself and then slowly grew larger and larger. I blame those dang $2 incredibly delicious and buttery and savory and glorious greasy state office cafeteria breakfasts and basically sitting on my butt all day at work. I also shouldn’t belittle the fact that I am in love with food. I would eat because I was bored or it was an office treat that day or I was having a bad day or I was having a good day or I was emotional or I was ___ (fill in the blank).
It also doesn’t help that I am head over heels addicted to sugar. People laugh and say oh me too….but I don’t think on the level I am. I crave, sneak, savor, and indulge in sweets every chance I get. I whine and cry until I get some and since I’m an adult and can do whatever I want that means I’m eating sugar every day.
Welp, enough is enough.
Seriously, enough has to be enough.
I joined the gym mid 2011 and lost about 5 pounds only to see it creep back on then off again.
So enough is enough.
I…..needed more.
I…..
Joined Weight Watchers.
Why Weight Watchers? Because I can still eat whatever I want, in moderation. Because I can still cook a meal for my family. Because the choices are limitless. Because it works.
I really didn’t want to share on here until I was 10 pounds lighter and running miles daily and yadda yadda BUT I need the accountability. That’s another reason for Weight Watchers, those weekly motivational meetings and weigh ins. Since this has become such a big part of my daily life it only felt right to share my struggles and victories. Get ready for a bumpy but rewarding ride!
Hi, my name is Caroline; I’m addictive to food and ready to get help.
2 comments:
You go girl! You can do it. I am also trying to lose weight.
I would be happy to share some of our favorite WW friendly meals I've discovered since I started. :) and as I try new stuff too. let me know if you're interested.
Post a Comment