Go home tonight and kiss someone you love!
Feb 16, 2012
my ode {to single moms}
I have kept this bottled up all week because I’m a firm believer in not yelling to the internets I’M ALONE COME ATTACK ME but Davy has been gone all week and he gets back tonight and I’m so happy! Not that I can’t do it myself, not that I don’t enjoy time alone with Moses, but it’s so much easier having someone to help you! This is where I start bowing down to all you single mom’s out there; it’s hard work! Getting home from work at 6pm then starting dinner while entertaining the little guy then eating then a bath and then I’m exhausted and then he’s exhausted and then it’s bedtime and then there is still a house to clean and preparations for the next day and then you can forget exercise or additional cleaning or really enjoying TV because you’re just so tired! And then you have to get up the next day and do it all again! Wow, you mommas are amazing. It really makes me appreciate my own mother because at one point during our childhood we were broke; my mom was raising an 11 and 9 year old AND had a newborn. I’m pretty convinced she cried every night after we went to bed but I never remember her yelling or crying or freaking out because we were fighting. She did, every single day, until her Jewish PrinceCharming (or Meany Head who made us clean the house as I liked to call him) came along. I have such respect for the dedication it takes to raise a child alone and a new found appreciation for my husband who lovingly disciplines our child and does the dishes without me asking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FO SHO.
I get a little taste every now and then, too, and think... HOLY MOLY. Some moms do it all of their lives, and some dads too.
Did you at least watch what you wanted on tv? :)
Post a Comment