May 22, 2012

My Week: Monday

If you're sick of hearing about exercising, eating right, and losing weight, then press the back button and run away! While my Weight Watcher journey has sort of taken over the blog these last few months it doesn’t mean that’s all I’m focused on; my boys, house, work, family, and social life are still very much a part of the daily happenings. I thought it would be fun to share a glimpse into my week and how I’m juggling (not mastering) it all.
Monday
7am- waking up to the alarm; Davy is already gone for work.

7:15-8:15- laying out clothes for Moses, doing my makeup & hair, and figuring out what to wear and what to pack for lunch. I bring my bathroom box into the living room to get ready so I have time to talk with Moses and be present in his morning. He of course is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while watching a movie. If we have a banana he will ask for that first and breakfast is always accompanied with a glass of milk.
Food: I had time to make a fried egg and a slice of toast w/ 1 tsp of butter; it was a 5 point breakfast but very satisfying and tasty!
9am- At work I get a cup of coffee w/1 point of creamer.

10:30- I’m hungry but I’m busy so I just keep working

12:00- I’m too hungry to focus and I hate that I’ve waited this long…mistake! I’m staying in for lunch but realize throwing off my normal Monday lunchtime grocery shopping routine was a bad idea. I like to get out for lunch but today I’ll just sit around.
Food: I eat a Smart Ones quesadilla for 5 pts with a side of sliced bell peppers.  I finish and I’m still hungry and I know it’s because I didn’t have a snack. I decide to eat my 3 pt Greek yogurt too then its back to work.

3pm- I’m hungry, as I always am at this time. Today I know the plan is to work out hard so I want something that’s going to satisfy. I eat an individual cottage cheese (2%) an individual unsweetened pure applesauce (0 pts!) and a Dove mini chocolate. This week I discovered all of the Dove bites are 5 for 6 points (around 1 point each) so I’ve picked up the caramel filled milk chocolate ones as well as my traditional dark! I love BOGO; thanks for the heads up Tamera!
4:30pm- my mouth is bored therefore I’m “hungry”; I fill up my 24 oz cup with yet another glass of cold water and chew a piece of gum. I look over my points and get excited that I have enough points to have a good dinner and maybe another Dove; I remind myself that I don’t need to eat. Chill out Caroline, its just food.
6:15pm- I walk in the door to find my boys aren’t home so I slowly get ready for the gym and look over my new magazine (Women’s Health) that’s just arrived. I scored an entire year subscription for $4 and it’s a fun treat to have around the house. I hate that I don’t see the boys before the gym because we normally have this time together.
6:45pm- I hate you conditioning class, but I love ya! This class is non stop weight lifting, squats, leg lifts, pushups, blah blah blah I hate it! BUT the instructor is crazy awesome and I push through knowing it’s doing my body good.
7:45pm- Hello Zumba! The happiest workout you will ever do; my instructor is a few inches short of five feet tall with a personality everyone needs on a Monday. We dance, get a little dirty, and sweat! I normally never do the classes back to back so today I’m exhausted and leave the class a few minutes early.
9pm- Hello Hubs and hello evening! Davy is about to start his working at home and I find something QUICK to eat.
Food: 2 slices of bread (4 pts which I don’t think is worth it but I have 9 points for dinner and so I splurge) I fried egg, ¼ an avocado, a slice of tomato, and just enough honey mustard to wet my bread. If it wasn’t so late I may want chocolate or more food but this was a fuel dinner, not really an enjoyable meal time.
9:40- 10:45 Time for a shower because I stink!! I’m tired today and I know Davy is not too far behind me to bed. I read over my magazine and wait for Davy to get in bed. I love that there is no distractions in bed except each other so we talk and catch up on our day then catch up on our dreams.
The most important thing for me is that I’m fitting exercising and eating healthy into my life, not letting it take over. It’s now more of a priority but it doesn’t mean that’s all I am; having a perfect body but no one to share the weekends with simply isn’t worth it to me! Today will be the longest amount of time I spend away from the boys all week. Tuesday, I’m ready for you!

3 comments:

Tamara James said...

I loved this post! And I need to learn to like avocados, a healthy snack/side! Glad you stocked up on the Doves :)

Anonymous said...

Very exciting life, Miss Caroline.

And I'm like you - I am always thinking about food. Obsessed much?

Ashley said...

I really loved this post! :) I like being a "part" of your day via Twitter and then reading about everything in between.

Related Posts with Thumbnails