Feb 14, 2013

The 25 {21-25}

I challenged myself this past year by completing 25 personal goals...to read the full list go here and to read (and see) the details of 1-5 go here and 6-10 go here and 11-15 go here and phew 16-20 go here.

21. Take a 7 day fast from TV
As I mentioned in #8 I did these two together and basically avoided all media outlets for the week. It was funny how many times in conversation it would come up “oh did you see….” And I would have to remind them I didn’t see it nor do I want you to share it with me. After all if your husband is highlighting everything that happened then I might as well have seen it myself. There were some nights I choose to fold laundry in my bedroom instead of the living room so Davy would still enjoy TV and I wouldn’t be tempted to watch. I read more than normal and spent free time working on a TO DO list instead of vegging out. About once a month I’m tempted to get cable but then remind myself how easy it is to get sucked in with our 10 channels and I feel like with 100 I may never vacuum my house again!
 
22. Jump off the high dive at Wakulla Springs
Between our unexpected move over the summer, my week long road trip, and getting pregnant in August I regretfully didn’t do this.

23. Spend time with my Grandma outside of the holidays
This didn’t happen either. Right after Christmas we found out she had failing health and ended up getting her chest cracked open during open heart surgery. It was scary and made me realize even more why I wanted to spend more time with her; she won’t be here much longer and I don’t want any regrets. We visited her just this past weekend at home where she is recovering wonderfully from everything and it was so refreshing to see her. No excuses I must see her more this year!

24. Color some part of my hair a non-natural color (I’m thinking purple)
Purple hair, don’t care. It’s small because I have a professional job. Sadly it’s faded so much since I got it done a month ago but I love it; it’s my very small revolt against adulthood.

25. Get pregnant
Even with all of our conversations I wasn’t sure if this was going to happen when I wrote this list in 2012. We wanted more children but money and logistics and honestly just being ready kept delaying the process until spring of 2012 when we started to set timelines of removing prevention and actually making this happen. And then it did. And we floated around on cloud nine elated. And we found out I was forever outnumbered in the house. And now here we are entering the third trimester and daydreaming about newborn life. Oh, what a sweet way to end the list.

 
One thing I wasn’t expecting to do over the last year was read so much; 18 books to be exact. I surprised myself because although as an adult I finally enjoy reading but I never felt like I was a book worm. My problem is I start reading a book, it consumes every moment of my free time, and then it’s done a few days later. 

 
I don’t plan on making another 25 list this year because we are already expecting so much change I’m ready to ride the wave!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails