16. Backup all our photos on an external hard drive
Didn’t happen. Why oh why do I do this to myself? The day I boot up one of our old laptops and it crashes and I’m unable to access sweet baby pictures of Moses is the day I will forever regret not taking care of this. I wanted to but after searching for our external hard drive with no luck I simply gave up. Terrible, I know. Just writing this makes me want to go on a cord hunt tonight and take care of this!
17. Vacation somewhere I’ve never been
Technically I was a lot of places I’ve never been before. In July I took a 6 day road trip with my Mom and sister for a family reunion which included driving through Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and finally Pennsylvania (phew, I still can't believe we did that drive there and back within a week!). But most of that trip was driving through (not vacationing) and technically I’ve been to the Philadelphia area before so #17 was crossed off when we spent a weekend in Savannah, GA. Good friends of ours were getting married and it turned into a wonderful romantic weekend away surrounded by friends. We stayed in the heart of Savannah on one of the squares that overlooked blocks of shopping, ate incredible food all weekend, and even went on one of their famous ghost tours with the wedding party. This also happened to be the week we found out we were expecting and pregnancy exhaustion had just hit so we would put on happy smiling faces around friends but as soon as our hotel door closed I would jump into the bed and relax until we were called down for the next activity.
18. Volunteer long-term at church
Call it Baby Rabies but I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this one and that was to volunteer in the nursery; basically I wanted to smell babies once a week. Their chubby cheeks and thighs and sweet little faces just melted me and well we all know what happened after that…I was bit by the Rabies.
19. Eliminate meat from my diet for 1 month week
Around October I started to review the list and think about things I needed to do before my deadline; this was one of them. I quickly decided there was no way I could pass up Thanksgiving or Christmas meals so my only option was January. January came and I put it off for a week or so until 1 month meat free was impossible. Then I told myself I would try 1 week meat free just to have a little taste of what it would be like…..and it sucked! I’m not a Meat & Potatoes type of girl but trying to come up with quick lunches and family dinners for an entire week with no chicken, fish, shrimp, or red meat was hard! We love eggs and black bean burgers but aside from that it seemed there was salad salad or more salad options. I made it 5 days meat free but when Davy walked in with medium rare steak off the grill for their Friday night dinner I caved! Blame the baby or my lack of preparation or my lack of dedication but I just couldn’t take another meal without meat! Long story short…I don’t plan on going vegetarian anytime soon! Call it Baby Rabies but I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this one and that was to volunteer in the nursery; basically I wanted to smell babies once a week. Their chubby cheeks and thighs and sweet little faces just melted me and well we all know what happened after that…I was bit by the Rabies.
20. Brush up on my French (a class, a workbook, a tutor, ect)
Womp womp. This is still close to my heart so I fully intend to not let 2013 pass without doing this!




No comments:
Post a Comment